Chapter 10- Marketplace Mishap

Dream grabbed an apple and bit into it, smiling as he tasted the sweet juices. He dropped some money in the stall, then took a few more types of fruit and disappeared back into the crowd. His hoodie was pulled over his hair and he kept his head down, weaving between people. His bag thumped against his waist in time with his furious pace. The cool autumn air brushed his face, threatening to tear back his hood if he moved too quickly.

He swiped a bag of candy, popping a lollipop in his mouth as he hurried. Tommy was already at the corner, looking down at a watch. Dream stopped in front of him, puffing slightly. "How'd, how'd I do?"

"Ten minutes and forty-six seconds," Tommy responded, clicking the top and making the clock stop. "Not too bad, whatcha get?"

"Fruit, candy, and some soap." He dropped everything on the ground, letting a few things spill out. "I was hungry."

"Not too bad," Tommy muttered, pretending to be uptight and pompous. He poked through the bag, wrinkling his nose. "The bananas look a little squishy."

"Would you want them to be rock hard?"

Tommy rolled his eyes, straightening back up. He looked over Dream's shoulder and lit up, his eyes gleaming with chaotic intent. Dream shuddered, he didn't like that look. He had seen it more and more from Tommy over the past week.

"Hey, look at that," he hissed, hitting Dream's arm. Dream turned and looked over heads to see what Tommy was pointing out. His eyes caught on two men and a girl and he felt a grin form as well. A short, raven haired man was standing beside another man with fluffy brown hair. They both wore suits and seemed to be arguing with a teenage girl. She turned on her heel and stormed into the crowd, her two fathers watching her go without even trying to stop her.

"That's Tiger, Quackity and Karl's daughter right?"

"For sure, it's unhealthy how much they spoil her. She has a Rolls Royce but can't even drive."

"So she's loaded?" Tommy's eyes sparkled and Dream felt dread course through him.

"Tommy-" he started in a warning tone, but the boy disappeared into the crush of people. Dream swore and grabbed their purchases before going in after him. He watched Tommy weave through and run right into Tiger. They both feel back with a yell and Dream slowed down, not wanting to be seen. He pretended to examine some jewelry, but he listened in.

"Sorry, sorry," Tommy groaned, getting to his feet and offering his hand. Tiger rubbed her forehead, accepting it with manicured nails.

"You're good, this crowd is rough," she replied in a breathless voice, smiling sweetly. She pulled her hand back and gasped. "My ring!"

"Oh here," Tommy said, handing it back. "I hope it's okay."

She grabbed it and slid it back on, sighing in relief.

"Yeah it looks fine. Thanks again," she said. "I'm Tiger."

Dream grimaced, dropped the necklace, and moved to step in.

"I'm-"

"Going," Dream completed, grabbing Tommy's arm. "We don't have time to stick around."

Tommy shot him a withering look, trying to pull away from him. Dream shook his head.

"W-w-wait," Tiger stammered. Dream turned over his shoulder and met her shocked blue-gray eyes. "No way."

Dream felt the blood drain from his face. He let go of Tommy and took a few steps back. He had met Tiger before, at a gala about a year or so ago. She knew who he was.