Chapter 10.5- That Old Cloak

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  Since the next chapter is a beast, plot wise and length wise, here's a little goofy filler to show my thanks for you all!  I'm so thankful for all of you, honestly.  I would never be where I am today without you guys picking holes in my plot, creating fun headcanons I can incorporate, and falling in love with my characters and plots.  So honestly, thank you <3

//

Dream woke up to one of the most terrifying things he could possibly imagine- hysterical laughter. He nervously opened his eyes, wondering what he would see, and the view didn't disappoint. Wilbur was in front of him, cackling and hugging his stomach as he rocked back and forth on the bed. His hair was a curly mess, practically defying gravity. He was, in Dream's eyes, the most beautiful thing to wake up to. Even if the laughter was scary. He cleared his throat.

"Morning?"

Wilbur calmed down a little, still hiccuping and giggling. His eyes were bright and energetic, cutting through the morning fog in Dream's brain. He smiled sleepily, looking up at Wilbur through hooded eyes.

"So," Wilbur said, his smile wide, "have any good dreams?"

"What?"

Wilbur snickered, biting his lip to contain his obvious laughter. Dream turned his head and lifted himself slightly off the bed, confused. He blinked a few times, trying to get the details of the room to focus.

"Well, did you?"

"I- I don't remember."

"Nothing with me in it?"

Dream opened his mouth, then his face flooded red as the realization hit him. Oh gods, oh no.

"Did I talk in my sleep," he asked, mortified. Wilbur roared with laughter and toppled off the bed, holding his sides and wheezing. Dream flopped back down and buried his face in his pillow, embarrassed beyond belief and never wanting to emerge. It was true, he didn't remember his dreams, but he knew that it hadn't been good. Especially if Wilbur's name had been mentioned.

"Awww it's okay," Wilbur said when he could talk again. Dream heard springs squeak and the bed sagged. "I'm sure you'll get me back later. Besides, it wasn't anything bad."

Dream picked up his head, giving Wilbur a skeptical look.

"Okay, maybe it was a little questionable. Since when was I 'Wilbur, baby'?"

Dream's face heated up and he burrowed under the blankets again. This was mortifying, why didn't he just take the couch last night?

"Oh please," Wilbur muttered. "It's not that bad, come on."

"It's bad, shut up."

"Yay, you are still talking to me!" He pulled back the covers and Dream tried to grab them. "Okay, sorry. It was just really funny, that's all. I won't tell anyone, I swear."

"Oh you better not."

"Are you threatening me Dream? Wow, that police code of honor or whatever really disappeared quick."

"What does that- whatever. That was thrown out the window a long time ago. Okay. So, what's on the agenda for today?"

Wilbur smirked at the obvious topic change but answered anyways.

"Meeting with Eret and a few others about the state of the city and whatnot, they're fairly common."

"Oh, that doesn't sound too bad."

"It'll probably be boring."

"I've sat through a five hour meeting about you guys, I don't think this can get much worse."