3, back atcha

all in one - jordan poole

ZAHARIA'S PALMS BEGAN TO GET SWEATY AND SHE FOUND HERSELF PICKING AT THE HEM OF HER SHIRT

She had been wearing baggy mid-washed jeans and a black “ i’m Prada you “ shirt that Karla had gifted her for her birthday last year, along with some all-black, air max pluses. 

Karla on the other hand had been in an all-black slim suit with black Jordan 4s. She had sure dressed to impress. Zia began bouncing her leg up and down, what she did when she was nervous. “ Zia, you’re fine. “ Karla cooed her, stroking her upper arm. She had tried to push these thoughts to the side but they simply wouldn’t go away.

Oh what was going on, Ziq probably wouldn’t even play. What are the chances? Zia climbed out of the car, making sure to bring her phone. Karla had already dropped off her basketball shoes and things she wanted to keep in her locker so she wouldn’t have to worry about it. All she needed was her phone which she had kept in her hand and she stood beside Karla. “Zion, wait here with Marvin until 5:30. That’s when the normal admission lets people in. i sent you the info to your ticket. Love you, bro. “ Zaharia hugged her brother from the back seat.

Zion waved at her as she walked away shoulder to shoulder with Karla who nicely had her briefcase in her hand and her phone in her back pocket. She sure was a woman of business. “ So the deal is, ill walk you to the locker room, and then ill go handle all of their questions about you. Then ill meet you on the court around 6 for your warmups. “

Zaharia nodded in understanding as they walked past the security guards and group of paparazzi. Up a small flight of stairs and through a quiet hallway, they reached a door with “ Warriors locker room “ engraved in it. “ here we are, love you Z. “ Karla hugged the taller girl as she hung onto her a bit longer. Zaharia had stared at the letters carved into the door for a while until she built up enough courage to open it, seeing very few players in the room. She had recognized Juan, who was brushing his waves out on his seat, Gary, who was talking to Juan, Moses, who had unlaced his jordans to change into tennis shoes, and Otto, who was laying on the floor getting stretched by a physical trainer. 

“ Hi, “ Zia said shyly as she walked towards them, unsure of how they would react. All four of the men had looked at each other for a minute, furrowing their brows. They didn’t even know who she was? “ im kidding! Hi Zaharia. “ JTA dropped his brush on the chair and engulfed the girl in a big hug. He smelt good, she thought. He then pulled away, Moses, Gary, and lastly Otto getting their hugs in with the girl. It was comforting knowing they welcomed her, not what she’d expected.

Usually, athletes were very cocky when it came to others. Most people who they had viewed lower on their social rankings. But these people seemed different. She heard some rustling behind her causing her to turn around, seeing her coach Steve Kerr messing with some papers on his desk. “ Hey, when everyone gets here i need them to get into their warm-ups and meet me in the conference room. Zaharia come here please.”