04.

THE CHAMBER WAS IN THE EXACT SAME CONDITION I HAD LEFT IT IN 55 YEARS AGO.

It was untouched by the outside world except Timothée who was the reason I was back again.

Timothée was a skinny little first year who had found my diary first. It was tucked away under the mattress of my old dorm bed—in the room I had shared with Avery, L/n, Malfoy, and Nott. He was an innocent child, having just turned 11 but that was better. The younger he was the easier it was for him to sneak around and disappear. When he first wrote to me, he thought I was going to be his friend. It was silly of course because I rarely did friends, but I played along until I had gained enough energy to possess him. It was strange walking around in an 11-year old's body but the things I do for power. One of the first things I did in Timothée's body was kill some chickens. Sure, chickens sound impractical, but he doesn't have very much strength or magical talent. I used the animals' blood to write a note on the wall telling all of Hogwarts I was back. Of course, no one knew who was back, but they knew someone was. After continuing to write with Timothée for months, I was almost able to completely take all of his energy. I would be practically back to normal, and he would be dead within a couple of days. I only had to possess him one more time and that time I told everyone he was a dead boy lost forever in the Chamber.

When I was back in the Chamber, I summoned the Basilisk so she could know I was back again. I was overjoyed to see her. I never got to properly thank her for killing Elizabeth Myrtle for me. I never realized how fond I was of snakes until I came back.

Poor Timothée had so much potential. He could've been a different version of me. He could've been an athletic but not that smart me. He had the looks and the height. It was only after I knew what he looked like that I felt slightly bad. I didn't want to deprive the girls, but it was too late. There was no way to save him. His almost lifeless body laid on the Chamber floor, skin ice cold to the touch.

Before I left the Chamber, I needed a plan. I couldn't just show up and expect Dumbledore (who apparently was the new Headmaster) to let me attend school again. I heard everything about Lord Voldemort from Timothée and I can honestly say I'm not going to go down that route again. I'm far too vain at the moment to lose my nose to become immortal. I'd rather just finish school and then be head of Death Eaters and start war but not as some noseless git who got defeated by a baby. I could be a charming mass murderer that the ladies couldn't help falling for. I'd sort of be like a Ted Bundy but more on the murder side.

After hours of speculation, I had finally formulated a plan. It wasn't anything special, but I needed to take action as quickly as possible. No matter how much I loved the Chamber, I couldn't stay down here forever. Besides, the Triwizard Tournament was happening at Hogwarts this year and I didn't want to miss it. Last time it was held at Beauxbatons–the campus was extremely luxurious, but the students were less than pleasant.

They clung to me like lost puppies on the street, never leaving my side. It was extremely annoying that I could never get any privacy at that school. Whenever I left to use the bathroom, two girls would be awaiting my return, just outside the door. Whenever I walked towards the floor Hogwarts had been allowed to stay on, boys and girls would walk me to my room and some even tried to come in. I was never left alone during meals, trips to the library, or any time at all. That was the most unpleasant time of my life. I was miserable. All I wanted to do was sit in my room and read but I couldn't because I knew there would be people waiting for me outside. I couldn't be a hermit and stay in my room just so they wouldn't bother me, so I put on my fake smile and wandered around campus with them until the games begun.

♚♞♟

"Mr. Riddle are you telling me there is a boy on the brink of death in the Chamber?" Dumbledore asked me even though I had just said his exact words.