12.

I WONDER IF SHE KNOWS THAT I KNOW WHAT SHE DID. I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

I know why Y/n hates me all of the sudden. I'm not sure why it took me so long to put together the pieces but lying in bed last night I figured it out. Throughout the past couple of months, I've been trying to infiltrate Y/n's mind to find out why all of the sudden she shut me out. It's not the fact that I particularly cared that she shut me out, it's more like I care to know what I did. If I even did something.

Over the time span of my mission, I got bits and pieces of information that didn't make any sense together. I could only enter for a few seconds because I didn't want her getting suspicious. From what I had gathered, I saw clips of her pushing a boy off of the side of the Astronomy Tower, her writing in my journal, and a mother and father crying while a little girl stood off to the side unmoved and unwavering. Out of context, none of this information made sense but knowing Y/n had lost a brother it made some sense.

"Y/n, I am giving you my best friend's old journal. There's nothing in it so feel free to scribble all of your thoughts in it." Dimitri handed his granddaughter the black leather bound notebook.

She studied the book with intrigue, taking note of every curve and crease. On the back of the book there was the name Tom Marvolo Riddle engraved. Every page was empty, not a single sign of use. It seemed like Riddle had been holding onto this journal for years but never got around to using it before his untimely death.

Y/n thanked her Grandfather and rushed away to begin writing. Her brain was spewing with thoughts that were bound to come out of her mouth if she didn't find some other way of release. The girl started writing in her journal with an introductory page stating who she was.

If found please return to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Name: Y/n M/n L/n

Age: 13

House: Slytherin

Year: 2nd

As soon as she had finished writing the ink rapidly began to disappear, causing a very distressed girl. As soon as all of the ink was gone new writing appeared.

Hello Y/n.

Who are you?

Who's name is on the back of the journal?

Oh. You're Riddle.

Correct.

How does this journal work?

It's a secret.

Can I ask you anything? Like are you a ghost?

No, I'm not a ghost.

What are you?

You can ask me anything you want.

Y/n stared at the page in disbelief before continuing to ask questions.

Do you ever get so angry that you want to hurt someone?

Riddle didn't respond right away so Y/n thought she had overstepped the boundaries. Whatever the boundaries were.

Sorry if that's a weird question to ask. You don't have to respond.

No, there's nothing to be sorry for. I have felt this way indeed.