08.

THE WEATHER WAS A LOT HARSHER THAN THE QUIDDITCH PLAYERS MADE IT SEEM. MUCH HARSHER.

When Blaise said the weather was a little chilly, and I quote "nothing that a jumper can't fix" I believed him. I threw on Theo's quidditch jumper and rushed out to the pitch because I was already late. When I arrived, I was greeted by a harsh gust of wind that blew snow directly into my face. I contemplated going back to change, but I had already made Tom and Astoria wait for half an hour. Daphne had lucked out on not going to the match as she was having tea with her Godmother, Narsissa Malfoy.

"Did you not ask a house elf what the weather was like?" Tom questioned, taking in my outfit that clearly was not for snowy weather.

I rolled my eyes and went to stand in the spot between my two friends. "Hello to you too."

"Gryffindor scores again! The ferocious lions are up by 40!" The Gryffindor commentator, Lee Jordan, yelled out, his voice amplified by speakerphone.

A collective groan rippled through the Slytherins as their house was losing as a collective cheer erupted from seemingly the rest of the school. Being a Slytherin had its pro's and con's and having the school dislike you just for your house's stereotype was definitely a con.

As the game went on, eventually Slytherin managed to catch up and now both teams were tied. Harry Potter was battling Draco, the two busy looking for the small golden snitch as the snow began to fall even harder than it had half an hour ago.

"Aren't you cold?" Tom asked, his face full of distaste for my lack of layers.

"Oh I went numb 20 minutes ago. So not really." I shrugged, turning my attention back towards the game.

Tom didn't react for a few minutes, but I could feel his eyes on me–as if unsure what to do. Eventually he wordlessly shoved his coat at me and I greedily snatched it and slipped it on.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it."

"Okay."

"I'm being serious, don't tell anyone. I don't want people to think of me as nice."

I laughed at that as Tom's distasteful face came back again. "Nobody is going to think, 'Tom Riddle? Oh yeah he's a nice guy.'"

"And it should stay that way. So keep your mouth shut."

"Yes sir." Tom shifted uncomfortably next to me, as if a spider had landed on him.

I brushed it off and went back to cheering on the team with Astoria. We were down by 3 points and Harry and Draco were still fighting for the snitch that seemed to be just out of their grasps.

"GO DRACO!" Astoria screamed, nearly making me deaf in the process.

The brunette and blonde were pushing each other trying to get closer to the snitch. At first the pushes weren't too harsh, a little more than small taps, but as the two continued to fight, it got more aggressive. Draco eventually pushed Potter hard enough that the boy with glasses lost his grip and slipped a few paces behind him. This allowed Draco to reach out and snatch the snitch that was at the edge of his fingertips.

Our side of the pitch erupted in loud cheers, everyone screaming and hugging and insulting the Gryffindors. Astoria didn't leave me anytime to cheer as she grabbed my hand and began to pull me towards the exit of the grandstands. Quickly I grabbed Tom's wrist and pulled him along as well because he probably wouldn't enjoy being stranded at the quidditch game everyone begged him to go to. As Astoria pulled us onto the pitch I saw team captain Oliver Wood and offered him a little smile. He returned it with a sad one and we went our separate ways.