Day 52

AN: Wow. I updated. Also shout out to @asukume (sorry if I spelled that wrong lol.) But they said they were the 1000k reader for chapter 1 and that they claimed it so..... yeah. ON WITH THE STORY!

2 days since Tommyinnit was found:

The crunch of an apple bounces across the stone of the canyon as Sapnap sits next to the fire. Red, orange, and yellow fade into one another in the sky above.

With a sigh, Sapnap sits on a fallen log, the moss almost like a cushion. He raises his head to look up at the stars that begin to peak out, already able to spot Orion and Taurus the Bull. While looking up, Sapnap thinks about his day, all the hiking and climbing, making his muscles ache.

A snap of a stick behind him causing Sapnap to jump, drawing his bow only for it to be a lousy deer. They both stand still, staring at one another waiting of the other to move. Sapnap always loved deer ever since he was a little flame. He's never liked killing deer, it's the only animal he has sworn he would never kill. But he let's his arrow fly anyway. If he was going to kill Dream, he had to show no mercy.

The 4 pointer screeches as takes off slowly, Sapnap decides he will hunt it down in the morning, hoping nothing will get to it before he does. It's not like Sapnap has a need for the deer, he just wanted to prove to himself that he can do what needs to be done.

Now wide awake, Sapnap knows he won't be able to sleep, so he pulls out a harmonica and resumes his position on the log. Licking his lips, he pulls the harmonica to meet his mouth and blows into it, creating a melody that fills the canyon.

After playing a few notes, he decides what song to play. The hum of "The Piano Man" can be heard before Sapnap pulls the instrument up to meet his mouth.

It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
The regular crowd shuffles in
There's an old man sitting next to me
Making love to his tonic and grin

He says, 'Son can you play me a memory
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet
And I knew it complete
When I wore a younger man's clothes'

Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feeling alright

Now John at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free
And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke
But there's someplace that he'd rather be

He says, 'Bill I believe this is killing me.'
As a smile ran away from his face
'Well I'm sure that I could be a movie star.
If I could get out of this place.'

Now Paul is a real estate novelist
Who never had time for a wife
And he's talking with Davy, who is still in the Navy
And will probably be for life

And the waitress is practicing politics
As the business man slowly gets stoned
Yes their sharing a drink they call 'loneliness'
But it's better than drinking alone

Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feeling alright

It's a pretty good mood for a Saturday
And the manager gives me a smile
'Cause he knows it's me they've been coming to see
To forget about life for a while

And the piano it sounds like a carnival
And the microphone smells like a beer
And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
And say, 'Man what are you doing here?'

Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feeling alright

With a final breath, Sapnap ends the song. His face red from not breathing normally and his lips have a faint buzz from where the instrument used to lay.

"Nice song." A voice Sapnap has not heard for a while sounds, causing the nether hybrid to spin towards the sound.

"Hello Bad." Sapnap let's out a puff of air, the frosted wind turning it into steam.

"What are you doing here Sapnap?" Badboyhalo tilts his head as if he is bored.

"I have a proposal," A smirk finds it's way onto both of their faces, "though it's not only for you, but your little Eggpire."

Bad looks as if he is thinking about it when really he already knew the answer the minute Sapnap opened his mouth, "Fine."

Sapnap watches as Bad brings 2 fingers up to his mouth and breathes into them, creating a very loud whistle. People begin to jump down from the trees, landing next to Bad. All of them glower at the man infront of them, the only man without red eyes.

"I need your help," Sapnap begins looking from Antfrost, to Skeppy, and back to Bad, "and in return, I owe you all a favor."

Ant seems to scoff at that, "A favor? What good would that do us?"

"I would do anything you want." Sapnap silently begs for their help.

"Anything?" Badboyhalo's eyebrows raise with the thought of the things he could use with that favor.

"Yes, you can cash it in whenever you please, no matter if it is days from now or even months."

"Okay. It's a deal." Bad extends his arm, waiting for Sapnap to shake it.

Sapnap extends his arm slowly, watching Bad's every movement to make sure he isn't going to try anything. The minute their hands connect and shake, Sapnap pulls away.

"Now, what is it that you wanted help with?" Skeppy asks, remembering that they had to help the flame hybrid first.

The smirk on Sapnap's face grows wider, "How about a little Manhunt for old times sake Bad?"

"I thought you'd never ask." Badboyhalo's expressions match those of the man infront of him.