Her

The wind howled violently, echoing through the hollow log he had wedged himself in. It screamed in the boy's ears. It chilled him to the core. The weather reflected the fear within the boy, like it was reflecting his emotions. Rain thudding down above him, little puddles forming under his back. Light streaked through the small crack in the log above him. A brutal clap of thunder quickly followed. Fear coursed through his veins once more, he was trapped in this storm. He would get caught up in this storm if he moved, or worse, She might find him. As far as he was concerned, The storm was safer than Her.

He maneuvered himself onto his stomach, his wet clothes clinging to his skin. The trees were swaying dangerously, the wind growing wilder. Lightning struck again, lighting a fire that danced in his peripheral vision. The wind sent a chill across his skin, his soaked clothes providing little warmth against the cold temperature. His thick blonde curls stuck to his forehead. His crystal blue eyes glinted with each streak of light in the sky. A dark bruise was painted across his cheekbone, a single cut ran across the opposite one. His lips were cracked and split. Mud decorated his delicate features. Blood dripped from his face. Pain radiated throughout his body. Scrapes and bruises littered his bare forearms, decorating his porcelain skin. His face was twisted in pain. He hated this. He was stuck, and in pain. Blood pounded in his ears, as his heart raced.

His brain was in overdrive, thoughts racing across his mind. This was his only chance and he failed. She was gonna find him. She'd hurt him again. He thought he could make it but the storm suddenly appeared. If someone were to find him, She would only pretend to be worried, but She didn't care, She never did. He was overwhelmed by these thoughts, his unconscious tugging at the back of his mind, he tried fighting it. But he couldn't. And as darkness overcame him and his head hit the ground, he could only hope that the storm would pass.

As the boy remained in his unconscious state, the storm began to calm. The wind became gentle, the rain and clouds faded into sunlight, the lightning and thunder stopped echoing. The boy groaned as he woke, a small chirping filled his ears, scaring him into a conscious state. His eyes snapped open in caution, a bright light shining on the ground in front of him. Hope filled him as he realised that the storm passed, he wiggled himself free. He lifted himself up and onto his scarred feet. The storm had made its mark on the world around him. Trees lay scattered and the ground was soft and damp. The sun seemed to shine directly on him, telling him that he was safe now. The crunching of leaves disrupted the serene quiet, in fear it could be Her, he quickly pulled himself into the tree above him. The past fear from the night before coursed through him again. Had She found him? But it wasn't Her, this woman was short and petite, she stepped carefully over the broken logs, her warm brown eyes falling on him, they radiated kindness and patience. A delicate flower crown sat above her dark red curls that were weaved into an intricate bun. Freckles were scattered across his face like stars during the night. The woman spoke in a gentle tone, as though he was a scared animal.

"Hi, I'm Laura, is there something I can do to help?"