Trust

It had only been a few hours but already was the environment changing, more trees where coming around and the two had stumbled upon a road which both sparked interest to the two raptors. It smelt of hot rubber, likely because the sun was out, letting the black asphalt absorb the warmth. Although Ripper was larger and faster he stayed a bit behind blue, slowing his pace quite a bit to do so but also he wanted to give Blue space, he could sense shes been under stress. The two walked on the side of the road, there wasn't any buildings or side walks just a long narrow highway leading you out of California. But they where going deeper in it. Blue could feel her stomach at this point eating itself. She'd done weeks without eating before but with all the extra energy she's been using recently with meeting Ripper once again it's taken its toll. Before Blue could continue to get back to being lost in her thoughts she could feel a sudden shadow cast over her head, looking up quickly from being off guard she recognizes Ripper above, she forgets how big the male is and with that furrows her brow.

 "I smell water" Ripper let's out, moving his head to look down at the smaller Raptor. Blue inwardly beams at that and lifts her head as Ripper continues to sniff. "This way," he starts sprinting to the left, Blue follows after.The water source is nothing much, it smells strongly of aleage and the sound of birds chirping is more at large. Ripper slows down, knowing blue is not to far behind but he also feels like it's the nice thing to do. Although it's been hard for him to repress his instincts he wants to try, a lot really. He knows earning blues trust is going to be hard, very hard already dose she seem like she's ready to attack whenever the indoraptor is around her. Which he can't blame her for honestly, and cant say he's entirely upset with the idea, he's been able to control himself this much surprisingly but if he where to hurt Blue, the feeling of sour and guilt start building in his chest. Blue makes her way into the scene making eye contact with Ripper, who quickly comes back from his thoughts to try to pull off a grin. The raptor lowers her head to the pond, lapping up the water with her tounge, swallowing up big gulps, relaxing at the feeling of cold water in her system again. She tenses a big at the sudden figure coming down beside her to also drink. Blue is the first to lift her head back up she really needs food and her body is no coward to make that clear as Ripper soon comes back up and turning his head he can tell Blue is a state of worry, he soften his eyes.

"You.. okay?" He says a bit unsure 

"We should find food" she says quickly and suddenly Ripper is hit with the realization that Blue he has not seen blue ear for the past 2 days he's tagged along with blue.

"Here you stay here ill go get you something" Ripper says lifting his head up. Blue thinks on the idea, it was a nice gesture that make her happy yet she was unsure, she had already noticed the time after the storm while he was gone fresh blood was on his teeth, he might do the same.

 "Let me help" The larger raises a brow in confusion to why blue wants to join.

"I'd go the opposite direction so we would have higher chances of finding something" Blue adds trying to be convincing."You have a point, alright" blue smiles and starts heading off leaving Ripper the other way to go.

It hasn't been long but even so luckily Blue had found a target, a rabbit. She just had to wait for the right timing. It was quiet. Too quiet, and the velociraptor didn't like it. It was the quiet she felt in the beginning of the outbreak of the 26 species of dinosaurs, when she was roaming the state by herself but it feels different now. Back when she was in her pack. A proud Alpha she was. It was still the faint sounds she was hearing now, birds chirping and wind blowing on leaves, but there was something always different with being with others, it just feels werid now. But maybe she just has to get used to being free...Before she could start second guessing herself she realized the rabbit had moved to having his back facing blues. This was the time, she jumped up, before the rabbit could notice the shadow coming down on it, dull grey jaws smashed against the rabbits neck. She licked at it a bit before eating the meat in large bites not wanting to waste time. She could hear her own load grunting of eating, she tried to quiet herself. With the knowledge that other dinosaurs escaped as well Blue knew she's just in more danger by making herself more known. She finished up waiting for noise, for anything, but to no avail. The blue stripped raptor kept her head low to sniff around, possibly for Ripper but with all these knew smells it was hard to depict what form what. She didn't like to admit it but Blue needed a pack. With even larger apexes out there she wouldn't last long. Ripper is strong, terrifyingly so, but he has helped her so far. She's brave thats for sure but the idea of Ripper losing control like the IREX makes a shiver run down her spine. Blue wants to trust him it's just where does she begin.

"Ripper?" Blue says quietly moving her claws against the soft grass, she started moving a ways from the eaten corpse of the rabbit. "Ripper" she calls out again this time a bit louder. Looking around her surroundings about to take another step when she heard leaves crunch but it wasn't from her. Infact the noise was sort of close by. She lowers herself waving her long tail around for balance. The rustling of leaves continues from behind. Now Blue worryingly jerks her head towards the sound. Her heart started to race staring out into the vegetation, furrowing her eyes. A figure run from the bushes catching blues relaxes having her jump backIt was Ripper, Blue let out a sigh realizing it was just him but then rose back up with a remembering how scared he made her"Hey! What was that for" she gave him a pissed off expression. The larger raptor was already making his way closer to the female "just playing around" he smirked "keeping you on high alert" Ripper wouldn't deny that the new atmosphere was making him feel more himself, back being on the hunt and all this vegetation, starting to make him feel more energetic. Blue was a bit taken aback at the sudden chipper ness form him, even though it's not to much, Blue still couldn't help but feel a bit better herself seeing him less tabbed out. She rolled her eyes with the ends of her mouth a bit upwards resembling a soft smile. 

"I'm guessing you didn't find anything?" She spoke raising a eyebrow, not seeing anything of blood on him.

"Oh actually I did"

Ripper emerged back into the foliage, Blue sat there intrigued as the indorapter dragged out a deer. The outline of where he had sunk his teeth into the deer's neck were large and obvious, Blue had been in close contact with them before so she could definitely imagine how easily he was able to kill the deer, though she is surprised that he brought it to her, not eating it.

"Let's eat." The larger dinosaur states leaning in to rip a leg off. It didn't take long for Blue to feel guilty though, she was really quick to conclusions, she slowly moved closer to Ripper, if she was going to help Ripper journey of learning control, which wasn't going to be over anytime soon, she was going to have to be honest.

"I have something to confess," Blue lets out, "I want to be honest with you, and while I was hunting I caught a rabbit which I ate." Ripper lifts his head up from gnawing at the naked leg bone. Staring for a bit as the gers in his head were taking their time to move into place, feeling a strange good sensassion of glee realizing Blue felt comfortable to be honest with him. Ripper never thought about the benefits of having an acquaintance, with the idea immediately shunned when everything that moved looked like a great target or a human that would hurt you. Once he met Blue, a dinosaur protecting humans not showing any fear to him, something changed. He still despised humans no doubt, but maybe he wasn't looking at things right and he knew he wanted to change.

"I have something to confess as well, the day after the thunderstorm I went and got something to eat for myself." Blue knew it happened but hearing the gold strip dinosaur admit it makes her feel better, she finally leans in and begins eating. 

HI! It's been forever oh my gosh, I will defiently now be continuing this as I have suddenly fallen back into loving dinosaurs and these two. Over the year?? Two years?? I've loved coming back time to time to read the comments, im sorry I never replied but I literally love them all and the convos you guys would have always made my day. I didn't reread this chapter so ugh if there are mistakes I am terribly sorry I just wanted to get this out asap! ^^'