⠲*⠋✷⠲*⠋TWO

╔⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑╗𝕮hapter two╚⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑╝

╔⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑╗
𝕮hapter two
╚⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑╝

Reaching the beach, they raced to the water with their laughter echoing around them, the borrowed surfboards grasped tightly in their arms. They were the only two on the beach, the sun barely beginning to light the sky. The water was cold against her skin, but the kind of cold that made everything better. The water lapped around them as they paddled further out, the waves growing the farther they went. The two whooped and cheered every wave they hit, their skin beginning to warm from the rising sun. When the two began to grow tired, they straddled their boards and watched the horizon in a peaceful silence. Being here, being in the water was second nature to her. It was the only constant thing in her life that would never let her down. She had been running through the last few months not knowing what it was she was doing. She was going through the days without really being present.

It was grounding and a welcoming memory.

"I could just sit here forever." JJ smiled at the brunette's words, their knees brushing every few seconds. For a moment, JJ admired how the sun blanketed her, her skin glowing. Her lips were pulled into a content smile and her eyes squinting from the sun's rays. There was no mistaking that Evangeline was beautiful, almost anybody who met her would say the same thing. She was kind and understanding, and she was protective of the things that she loved. She had been through so much, but she was one of the strongest people he knew. She kept her head up high and made the most out of an unfortunate event. JJ would be lying if he said he didn't like her in a more than a friend way, but there were rules. Rules that they were not meant to break. No Pogue on Pogue macking. It was their number one rule, but sometimes when it was just the two of them and he got to watch her be herself, got to see a side of her that not even the other's saw, the rules be damned.

But he would never let anyone know that.

"I'd say let's, but I hear the Wreck calling my name." He started before giving her a playful look. "After I beat you, of course." Evangeline laughed, her eyes meeting the blonde's. "Oh, is that so?" The two had a game they always played when surfing. Whoever got the most waves without planting face first, won a free meal from the Wreck that the loser had to buy. They were at an even tie, but Evangeline had the most wins out of the two. The brunette scoffed playfully, beginning to paddle further out. "Yeah, you wish." The two paddled out, their attention focused on the now approaching waves.

From the shore, the Twinkie pulled up, Kie, Pope and John B calling out their cheers. "Let's go Ev!" Evangeline smiled while JJ scoffed. "What about me!?" Both John B and Pope hesitantly shrugged. "Go JJ!" They shouted, Kie rolling her eyes. The three pulled themselves up to the Twinkie's roof to get a better view of their friends' game. Evangeline was the first to grab a wave, her movements kicking into action. Easily, she beat JJ by half a point, one of the waves knocking both of them face down when it was her turn. JJ thought that was stupid, but gave the win to her anyway.