⠲*⠋✷⠲*⠋FOUR

╔⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑╗𝕮hapter four╚⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑╝

╔⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑╗
𝕮hapter four
╚⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑-⭒-⭑╝

"Well, that went well." The Pogues, minus one, were all huddled outside the shack that held the coast guard and the millions of complaints from the residents. They had found a boat on their visit to the marsh and were hoping to solve the mystery. "What went well?" The four turned at the sound of Evangeline making her way towards them. John B smiled at her outfit, the shirt only held together by one button. "Ev, where have you been! You missed all the action this morning." JJ recalled excitedly as he flung his arm around her shoulders. "Yeah, about that." She started, her eyes glancing towards Kie. "Ward asked Topper and I to help clean. I would've said something but powers done." She shrugged, noticing how Kie shifted. Shaking her head, she curled a brow. "Hey, so tell me what I missed."

"We found a boat in the marsh." Pope answered. "But not just any boat, a Grady-White. One that John B saw while surfing the surge." JJ added before clamping his mouth shut. "Oops." He muttered as Evangeline rounded on John B. "You surfed the surge? What the hell is wrong with you?" She slapped the back of his head before sighing. "You know who owned it?" They shook their heads. "No. But we found a motel key." He reached into his pocket and held it out for her to examine. Running her finger over the rusted key, she looked back up at the group. "So, what's the plan?"

Taking the key back, John B gave them all a glance. "I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat." Pope shook his head. "We don't know whose room that is. It could be anyone." Evangeline partially agreed with Pope, they were walking into uncharted territory that didn't seem to involve them, but this is what Pogue life entailed, adventure. JJ, almost as if he read her thoughts, agreed with the idea. "I'm in." Taking the keys from John B's grasp, he tossed them over to Kie who smiled. "Come on, we'll be lookout." She motioned between both her and Evangeline who gave a grin. "Finders fee. Just sayin'." John B muttered as he patted Pope's shoulder. "And, hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice."

Pope's shoulders sagged as he turned towards Evangeline's awaiting expression. "Don't worry, Pope, we won't do anything stupid."

The Pogues had found themselves at the aforementioned motel, ready to find out the mystery owner of the sunken Grady-White. It was run down and the hurricane didn't help it very much. "This place is a shitshow." John B spoke as they brought the HMS to a stop. "Motel or Meth Lab?" Kie added, Evangeline huffing slightly. "Or both?"

"You be the judge." Glancing around, Evangeline couldn't understand how someone who stayed here could own a Grady-White, a boat nonetheless. "Doesn't look like a place where somebody with a Grady-White stays." Stepping up to the bow, she glanced back at the others. "No. Looks like a place where someone with a Grady-White would get killed." Evangeline shuttered at the thought before finally docking. "This is your Captain speaking. HMS Pogue comin' in for landing." JJ mimicked a radio call with his hands as they tied the rope to the dock. Both John B and JJ began to exit the boat, the other three being the look outs. "All right. Here goes nothing'." Reaching forward, Evangeline tugged at the red piece of fabric that wrapped around his wrist.