Battle Strategies

By the time Peyton enters the training room Seraphina is drenching in sweat, weapons are strewn across the floor and there are many, many dummies and punching bags completely destroyed.

"Looks like we're going to be needing more dummies." Peyton smirks leaning against the open door frame. Seraphina stops what she is doing and looks at her closest friend.

"What are you doing up already? You'll need more sleep to shake off that antidote." Seraphina says, sword in hand.

"I've been asleep for two hours. Jenkins woke me up not five minutes ago. He wants to see us all in the strategy room." Peyton replies.

"Okay, I'll be there in a sec." Seraphina says putting the sword in her hand back where it belongs. She then walks over to her hand towel and pads her face, chest and arms dry before following Peyton out the door.

Nate and Naois are already in the 'strategy room' with Armina and Jenkins. The two boys are whispering to each other saying that this place is so different to their home in Boston when Peyton and Seraphina walk in. Both of their eyes instantly flick up to the two girls, Naois looking at Peyton while Nate gazes at Seraphina. Peyton locks her gaze with Naois and blushes slightly while Seraphina smirks as she catches this via a side glance. She can tell that Peyton has a thing for Naois, and she could see why. He was certainly alluring with his green eyes and scarred skin. Seraphina quite liked scars on guys, she thinks it make the appear stronger, as though they are battle scars they earned fighting off some evil. She can also just see bits of a tattoo on his arm and leg that looked like a chain and she secretly wants to see the whole thing but slaps the thought out of her head instantly. She turns her attention to Nate, whom she can feel looking at her. Now that he isn't in his battle gear she can see a scar that wraps across the front of his lower arm. She can also now see clearly a design inked black into his skin. It looks almost tribal but not at the same time. It was wavy and curvy with some sharp points and covers the entirety of his right arm and disappears beneath his shirt. 

Although she takes in Nate's appearance in a matter of seconds she feels as though she had been staring at him for a lifetime before paying attention to Jenkins who welcomes Seraphina and Peyton to their meeting. Taking a seat near the front of the room close by the door Seraphina pays close attention to Jenkins talking about the current circumstances but she can still feel Nate's stare on the back of her head which makes the hair on the back of her neck stand on end.

Nate, who is sitting near the back of the room pays hardly any attention to what Jenkins is saying as his focus is on the golden hair of the beautiful Seraphina Claire. He is completely lost in thought when Seraphina speaks in her melodic voice, "Why would Sirens be out in broad daylight? They would be well aware that we would find out and catch them by nightfall, so why give us a head start on preparations to kill them?"

"Wait, Sirens are doing what in broad daylight?" Nate stumbles.

"Sirens have been stalking a boat of people along the River Thames, we just received the word from some fairies who were flying overhead. Weren't you listening?" Seraphina says turning to look at him.

"Yes, of course I was listening, so why don't we just go get them now? If people are in danger why wait for them to make the first move?" Nate says back.

"Because, Sirens can't be above the water while the sun is out, it burns their skin. They can't attack until nightfall, did they teach you anything in America?" Seraphina replies harshly, although she regrets it as soon as the words leave her mouth.

"That's why we are concerned, they're basically giving us the opportunity to prepare ourselves. Usually they only make an appearance at night so we don't get to the scene until after they have had their fun. They have to be up to something." Peyton adds a little softer than her friend.