2

The first night alone in the large house, she turned on almost every light around her and she made the TV was loud enough for the neighbors to hear but that didn't make her feel any less alone

She didn't think it would but she prayed and hoped that something would fill the loneliness but as she sat on the couch. 

She still had the hole in her heart where her family used to be. That night, two years ago. The hole had never gone away and every night she had the same nightmare. 

That used to make her sob but she had grown numb to it since it played in her brain every night.  She longed for the peacefulness of a dreamless sleep but it was never granted to her. 

So that night as her eyes grew heavy she knew it would be just like all the others. The fear, the sadness, the guilt, regret, all of it. 

It was all her fault. Or that's how she felt anyway. 

She fell asleep on the couch, the TV blaring, a thin blanket covering her legs and her hands pressed against her face as she used them for a pillow.  

~~~~

A loud car horn woke her up, she groaned loudly, "What the fuck." She whispered as she looked outside to see a blue Trans-Am sitting in front of her house. 

She looked at the clock on the wall to see that she was running late, she ran towards her room and put on the first thing she saw, a black daisy-covered tank top, jeans, and black high tops. She combed her hair, brushed her teeth, and grabbed her backpack before she ran out of the house. 

She quickly recognized Henry and Victor in the car, "What are you doing here, boys?" Lavender asks. Her eyebrows rose. 

"We are here to give you a ride to school. Now, are you going to get in the fucking car or not?" 

Lavender gives a small grin as Belch opens the door and leans his seat back so she could get in the back with Victor and Patrick. 

"Thank you for the ride. Nice car, by the way." She tells Belch who just nodded who had a surprised smile on his face as he quickly starts the car. 

Lavender loved the warm mourning air against her face and it woke her up better than any cup of coffee could.  

When they got to the school, Victor got out and held his hand out towards her which she used to get out of the car, "Thank you, Victor." 

"No problem, Lavender." He says.

 "Thanks for the ride to school, boys but how did you find out where I lived?" 

"Lucky guess," Victor shrugs her shoulders. Lavender assumed they were going to all go their separate ways but she had no such luck. 

She walked down the hallway with the four boys by her sides. Everyone moved to give them space down the hallway. They all stared at the new girl. Some of them thought she was just as crazy as them and some of them wondered why she wasn't scared.