There's A World Where Your Dreams Become Echo House

"The more you have it, the less you see."
_

____

Previously on The Bite That Changed It All.

"You don't understand, do you? It's a riddle. Do you know any riddles, Stiles?"

"A few."

"What gets bigger the more you take away?"

"A hole."

"What gets wetter the more it dries?"

"A towel."

"When is a door not a door?"

"...When it's ajar."

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it?"

"I don't--"

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it, Stiles?"

"I don't-I don't know!"

"Faith?"

______

"Faith?"

"Faith?"

She heard it, a echo vibrating throughout the walls of her mind. It was like she was finally and slowly snapping herself out of whatever little day dream she had put herself in. She couldn't comprehend the sudden relief sensation coursing through her body as her lungs began to be fill with the necessary oxygen she seem to have forgotten she needed, in a way it felt like she was breathing for the first time in forever.

Then it came, the cold sensation of air flowing around her surrounding and then the hard metallic surface feeling right from underneath her. It was then that she came into the realization that she was not only sitting on a chair but was convictingly outside as well.

Opening her eyes were a bit of a struggle as they felt like a ton of bricks, Faith vision adjusted itself to the bright morning light shining down on her as her scenery shifted into what looked like an outdoor space. Blinking once or twice, she could now see that she wasn't alone. Walking amongst the concrete sidewalks, along the path of a patch of green field were what seem to appeared like a group of patients?

She found it oddly strange but didn't do much to question it. Turning her head to the left, she slightly jumped in suprise before calming down as she recognized the person sitting next to her. Melted chocolate eyes met tired brownish gold ones.

The familiar face was on the young side, hair spiked up in a more sloppy way, a paled complexion that might be more on the side that he wasn't probably feeling well. Only reason Faith thought that was because of the dark purple bruise on the outskirts of his eyelids, almost covering his whole eye.

Letting out a hummed of acknowledgment, the person had called her name earlier, continue on speaking.

"You know we're on our own in here." The person horse voice spoke, in what sounded like defeat.