𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

|○☆●

|○☆●

"SATISFACTION"

-locking the heart away.

"He's not my boyfriend--"

"ISN'T YOUR BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK?" OLIVIA LOOKS AWAY FROM HER PHONE AND STARES AT HER MANAGER HOLDING THE WATER BOTTLE SHE brought with her from school. She wants to say "Is it?" and drop the whole thing, but Chloe would see right through her. As she's known her manager since middle school.

"It's over the weekend," Olivia said, putting her phone back inside the side pocket of the dress she's wearing for her photoshoot. "On Saturday. Why you ask? Am I requested for something that day?" Olivia hopes for a nod and a simple 'Yes'.

But Chloe, though to Olivia's wish, quickly says no and motions for Olivia to hand over her phone for safekeeping. "I wanted to send my baby cousin over there to drop off something from me, for you. I asked cause I thought it was next Saturday, the week after." Olivia hands her phone over as she explained.

"You have a baby cousin?" Olivia wasn't even aware Chloe had any other relatives except her older sisters and younger brother she'd constantly complain about during their long rides home or to a production set in the middle of nowhere.

Chloe nods, "Yeah, he's the same age as you. My aunt and uncle adopted him a few years ago, his parents weren't-" She takes a moment to think and glances to her feet, staring at her heels. "They were terrible people. Let's just put it at that."

Olivia blinks to the mirror in front of her, her powdered face and tired eyes reflecting on the clean glass. She taps her fingers against the arm of the chair she's sitting in and says, "You said you need your cousin to drop off something. Does that also mean you aren't coming?" She twists her body to look at Chloe, curious.

Chloe intertwined her fingers, exhaling loudly. "I have to run an errand, but I'll be sure to be there. It won't take me long so I'll probably still arrive just when you're blowing out your candles." She grinning, almost hopeful for something, maybe a miracle.

Olivia doesn't question Chloe's grin, she only wishes her manager a safe trip and turns back to the mirror, leaning back into her seat.

She was going to turn sixteen this saturday, her sweet sixteen was finally happening. God, she remembers dreaming and yearning for the age of sixteen when she was younger. But now all she wants is to hide in her room and ignore the outside world for a whole day.

She predicts that her mother would either surprise her with taking the day off and enter her room early in the morning to smother her with kisses until she whined and slapped her with Annie watching by the sidelines, filming the whole thing for their family.