Scene # 2

"Aren't the stars gorgeous?" Japeth asked as he and Aric lay on the roof, side by side.

"Pale compared to you." His boyfriend replied, shooting Japeth a look of such acceptance that the twin could've melted and slid off the roof.

"You flirt. What do you want now?" He grinned instead, turning away from the fading twilight.

Aric sat up. "You know what I want."

Feigning ignorance, Japeth paused, mid-sitting-up. "What?"

"You know what."

"No, I don't. Wha-" He was cut off by Aric's quick kiss.

Unable to help himself, he fell right into the violet-eyed boy's trap. "That's it?"

"Oh, so you want more? What happened to you not knowing what I wanted? Are you implying that your needs are superior to mine?" Aric challenged.

"I do now," Japeth answered before pressing his lips against Aric's. The two embraced for a long, chaste moment before they leaned back. "Especially when we match that way."

"Mmhmm. I'm pretty sure I'm irresistible as well."

"You're a cute little softie," Japeth teased.

Aric lowered his already deep voice. "Don't call me cute. It's not very masculine."

"So? Must you always be the manly man's manly man?" The twin wondered slyly.

"Yeah, so you can be the cute little softie, pumpkin." The boy winked.

Japeth sighed. "It's a good thing I love you, or I'd kick your teeth in."

"Oh, you do more than just love me." Aric drew Japeth to his chest before whispering in his ear, "You're obsessed with me."

"Am not!" Japeth protested, flushing.

In response, Aric kissed him more roughly than before. Japeth shut up and returned the action, eyes already closed and body tense in anticipation. And before the copper-haired boy knew it, several long moments had passed before Aric drew back, smirking as wide as the devil.

"What did I tell you, pumpkin? You can't get enough of me when offered temptation."

"Oh, stop it." Japeth blushed, smacking Aric's arm. "You can't help yourself, either."

"True, very true," Aric murmured. "We're discussing you here, though. Not me."

"Why not you? You're just as involved as I."

"Nice try, pumpkin, but I'm not getting distracted that easily," Aric purred.

"Sure you aren't." Japeth rolled his icy eyes before scooting closer to Aric and resting his head on Aric's shoulder. The two boys faced the sunrise, sitting together in a peaceful calm. The only time the two of them had tranquilly together was the sunrise, then the sunset-out on the roof so nobody would catch them.

"As much as I love you in secret, will we ever be able to declare our love?" Japeth whispered, tucking his arm around Aric's back.

"Would you like to be mocked and ridiculed? Japeth, people don't truly know you, but they know enough about me. You've heard what they call me. Soulless. Vicious. An animal. A monster." His boyfriend answered, sadness and indignance jading his tone.

"I'm a monster as well. And I helped you out of that."

"They don't know that," the violet-eyed boy replied testily. "But it's fine, pumpkin. We'll be alright in secret." He slung his arm around Japeth with the words.

"I know, but..." He trailed off.

"But?" Aric gently asked, tilting up Japeth's chin so the boys made eye contact.

"It's stupid."

"Not to me, pumpkin."

Japeth sighed, lowering his head. "Fine. What if... what if Rhian does take over Camelot?"

"Then we'll be there to usurp him and have our very own kingdom. Perhaps even the entirety of the Endless Woods." Aric told him as he again lifted Japeth's pale chin. "Why? What were you thinking?"

"If you're not around, he'd have me as his liege. I'd really become a murderer then."

"Pumpkin, would I really not be around? You know I won't leave you for anything." Aric replied with a grin.

"I-I don't know. But things change." Japeth murmured, looking downward.

"And other things don't. I'll always be here for you, pumpkin."

Japeth looked up at him. "Promise?"

Aric smiled back. "Promise."