Scene # 3

"You still alive after all that brain-leeching shit?" Aric nudged Japeth's shoulder as they made their way over to the tree they usually ate lunch under.

"Barely," Japeth groaned. "She just never shut up!"

"Wanna go start some fires? Get all that crap out of our systems?" The violet-eyed boy offered with a devilish grin.

"You know what? Hell with it, I'll do it."

Aric smirked. "Great choice, pumpkin. Let's go."

The two boys dove behind the trees bordering the lawn, then slid off into the shadows with snickers. The snickers came from Rhian giving the bushes a suspicious look that all but destroyed the appearance of his eyebrows.

As soon as they were a few blocks away, Japeth burst into cackles. "Did you see that face?"

"Ugly as ever. You're a hundred times cuter with those ice eyes of yours. Clearly the better-looking twin," Aric complimented.

"Why, thank you," Japeth grinned, looping his arm through Aric's.

"You're welcome," Aric smirked back, tightening his hold on Japeth.

"So, where's the arson spot, Mr. Hotshot?"

The black-haired sadist rolled his eyes at Japeth's rhyming. "Not far from here. If we're lighting fires, they should at least burn something to ashes other than grass."

"True," Japeth agreed. "Field on the outskirts of town?"

"You read my mind," Aric steered them down a side street, spiked hair catching the light as he did so.

"Great, how much longer?"

"Impatient, hmm? I'll give you a little surprise at the end of this fiery escapade, then. Not much farther, pumpkin."

Japeth shot him a grin. "You know how much I love surprises."

"You bet I do," Aric winked as they rounded another corner to a deserted road, which they promptly passed down.

"Here," the violet-eyed boy marked the spot after another minute or so of walking. He disentangled himself from Japeth and walked a few feet away from him. "Ready?"

"Light it up!"

"Come here, pumpkin," Aric purred, holding out a box of matches. "We have things to burn."

Japeth dashed over, skidding to a stop inches in front of Aric.

"Here," Aric handed him a match. "We'll light it at the same time."

His pale hand covered Japeth's, and on his count, they struck the match and threw it into the nearest patch of dry grass.

"Good day choice," Japeth called as the match caught the grass and a conflagration roared up. "Windy to boot!"

"Of course, pumpkin. Give it another minute before you get your surprise," Aric answered, violet eyes zeroed in on the blaze as it grew.

Once it was big enough to throw sparks, he pulled Japeth close. "Want a kiss?"

"You know my answer," Japeth replied, wide eyes closing.

Aric gave Japeth the kiss he wanted, the fire providing a lovely background. Japeth grinned into the kiss, which was as heated as the fire. Aric truly was a genius, combining two of Japeth's favorite things: destruction and Aric himself.

Once Aric pulled away, he shot Japeth a triumphant smirk. "Shall we follow the fire?"

"Why the Hell not?" Japeth responded.

They linked hands and followed the fire, occasionally throwing matches behind them as they led the destruction back into Foxwood, not giving a shit about anyone who saw them.