Chapter 3 - Some Familar Faces: The First Day at U.A.

Kanetsu and Mizu stood outside of U.A. Kanetsu had a look of awe on his face while staring at the large school.

Mizu hit him on top of his head, grabbing his attention. "I can't believe we had to wake up early just for this. Just because you were afraid of being late..."

After a second of silence, Kanetsu tilted his head to the side. "Sorry!"

"That's not even a real apology, you idiot! Just be lucky that we were able to even catch a train."

"I'm just surprised that Mom and Dad weren't mad at us..."

"They were definitely annoyed and if I were them, I would've told you to go back to sleep and not wake up until I was ready."

"That's just bad parenting."

"Shut up."

He chuckled but something came to mind and his sister noticed his expression. "Do you know what they did to Terra? Was he just arrested like normal?"

She shifted at the question and thought about it. "I watched a small bit of the news about it last night."

————

"Get off the TV, Mizu, and go to sleep!" The voice of her dad came from the other room.

Mizu rolled her eyes and changed the channel one more time. "I'm going! I'm going!"

She noticed how the news was on and stared at the moving headline of it.

The news woman began talking while she was reading it. "...Terra has been put in a high security prison and will soon be questioned by the heroes..."

"Terra..." Mizu repeated the name and stared at the screen for longer.

"MIZU! BED!" This time, her mom called to her and she rolled her eyes.

"I'M GOING!"

————

"So that's why you guys were yelling." Kanetsu chuckled, rubbing the back of his head. "I was in bed by then."

"Mhm." Mizu nodded and held her chin for a moment. "They called him a war criminal at some point for some reason...but this is the first time I've heard of Terra."

"Since you only mentioned Terra, I guess they never caught whoever his partner was."

"They didn't. She might be hiding somewhere, who knows?"

"War criminal, huh? They might've just confused him for someone else."

"Mhm..." The topic ate at her and she rolled her eyes, sarcastically remarking, "Well, I can't wait for school to start."

"I can't wait, either!" He didn't hear the sarcasm and smiled at her. "Our first day will be the most memorable!"

"I'll forget about it in a day."

"No you won't!"

"You know I was just joking. This school is much bigger than our middle school so of course I wouldn't forget it."

"The moment we become heroes, we'll be unstoppable! The strongest!"

"Strongest?" She thought about it but then shook her head. "Let's not think so far ahead."

"What do you mean? Our Quirks are strong together, aren't they? Just as long as we stick together."

"As long as we stick together..."

Staring at her brother was about to make her smile but it quickly faded when looking at his shoulder.

The jacket of his uniform almost looked stained with blood. Her eyebrows furrowed while her brother kept talking yet it was starting to fade out to her.