Chapter 30 - Jinto "Hearts" Kamichu: Enter the Cards Villain

"So, V, is everything going well in your city?" Mystify held up the phone to her ear.

With it being nighttime, the street lights were the only thing helping her see. She kept staring forward and soon narrowed down her eyes.

"Smoothly, actually." V responded over the phone with a content voice. "My intern is a good kid so this week is going to go smoothly."

"Sounds good." Mystify chuckled but then abruptly stopped. "Have you seen any sign of Hearts?"

"... Unfortunately, no. That only makes me worried about where he could show up. The last time I saw him was at the bar."

"That's disappointing..." She trailed off and stopped walking, looking towards an alleyway. "..."

"Hello? Yuga? You're still there, right?"

After blinking and seeing nothing, she rubbed the bridge of her nose. "Hm? Yeah, yeah. I'm better than I'll ever be. I just need to get home...the dark is messing with my eyes."

"Or maybe it's all the drinking you do and you drink more than me."

"That's up for debate, shortie. Be safe and if you see the bastard, give me a call." She hung up and put her phone in her pocket.

Taking another look at the alleyway, she rubbed her eyes again. There was still nothing there and she forced herself to walk off.

Someone peeked out of that very alleyway, rolling her eyes. "Wow, good going. You almost got us caught by the widow over there."

"I'm very sorry." A much taller man looked out with her.

"Yeah, you should be. That's the last hero I really want to see after what happened."

"Accept my apologies but..." He turned inside the alleyway, the other doing the same.

There was a man with a strip of cloth covering his mouth. His hands and ankles were tied together as he kept throwing himself around out of fear, trying to escape.

"It's really hard to be silent when we've been dragging him around."

She walked over to the man and looked at the pure fear in his eyes. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"He's very loud and annoying to me. I guess his parents never taught him about manners."

"That's definitely true. This guy is such a hassle. It's his fault he was awake when we were trying to break into his house."

"Not very smart."

"Oh well." Pulling out a metal cube, it formed into a large axe. "Let's put him out of his misery."

"Wait." He put up a hand, stopping her before she could swing. "Let's play a game with him, shall we?"

"A game? I'm not in the mood to do a kill challenge with you right now, especially not with some random dude. I'd get too many kills."

"We can always do that later. I have something different in mind." He slightly bent over so he was face to face with him. "If you can guess my name, I'll let you free. All you have to do is guess it right and promise you'll go to no authorities about it."

"What? That's kind of stupid."

"I find it to be a good deal and besides, I can check if my name has gone around well in the city or wherever he's from. It would be good to hear that he's from a different city."

"Mhm!" The man nodded his head as fast as he could.

"Keep your voice down, alright?" He asked him to do so and after another nod, he removed the cloth. "So, what's my name?"