02

its another night of crying over denki. the next night to be exact. this time however, it hit harder than last night by a long shot. you could hardly suppress the sobs that racked your body with shakes, hiccups and other things.

just thinking of anything related to him made you bawl your eyes out. thinking of memories, his favorite things, shows, anything could make you break at any moment.

you started to rewatch one of the many shows you both binged together, this time crying whenever one of his favorite scenes came on. the memory of him laughing and holding you close made you miss him so, so much.

just the warmth and joy you felt was so overwhelming to even imagine without him actually causing it. reliving it hurt so much to the point you thought your heart was going to shatter.

you hadn't taken off his hoodie, showered, brushed your hair, left your bed; basically all youve done is cry and binge. you hardly ate or drank water as well. honestly, your throat hurt a lot too and your stomach was killing you, but it all was so much effort and with your lack of it, what was the point?

also, whats another pint of ice cream if no one will care?

you decide to get up for what felt like the first time today, stretching your limbs to relieve some of the strain on them.

you didnt bother wiping your face's tears before making your way downstairs using the elevator once again, the sound of soft elevator music taking place of the silence.

the doors opened and you walked out, the doors closing after.

you walked to the unlit kitchen, turning on the light and grabbing the ice cream once again, making it scoop-able too by putting it in the microwave for ten seconds.

grabbing a spoon, the timer goes off. you walk to it, open it and close it swiftly, excited to dig into your ice cream.

after a few bites, the pitter patter of feet stepping on the floor could be heard. you immediately wiped your tears and tried to clean up to the best of your abilities, but unluckily for you, that person saw you before you could.

"shitty girl? ice cream? again?" bakugou looks at you with concern hidden behind disgust.

"mhm. ice cream again. water?" you question. he nods.

he knows damn well that isnt true, he wanted to see if you would come back down again—to which he was correct.

he grabs a cup and goes to fill it, solely to keep his act up. "so why didnt you go to school?"

"i felt sick." you lie to him.

"then dont eat ice cream, dip shit." he snatches it away but you snatch it back and eat another scoop.

"no."

"so are you gonna tell me why then?"

"why do you care?"

"i dont."

"then dont ask."

silence arises.

"im curious. i dont care."

"mhm. its nothing, dont worry. im just hurt."

"from training?"

you nod.

"they counted you as unexcused, yet thats excused."

"why are you so persistent?"

"why are you avoiding the question?"

"why are you avoiding mine?"

a staring contest comes between the two of you.

"youll laugh..." you mumble while taking another bite and looking away.

"probably, doesnt mean you shouldnt say it."

"its stupid denki's fault."

"what? you like him or something?"

silence comes as you try to hold back your tears and keep your movements stable; your shoulders from shaking, your hands from clenching.

bakugou notices this change and all he can think is: i fucked up.

"dont answer that. what happened?"

you stay silent, not sure if you can speak without breaking down.

bakugou stays silent as well, letting you gain your composure. you breathe slowly and wipe away the unshed tears before speaking quietly, "he broke up with me..."

bakugou stays silent. if he were to tell you what happened today, you'd break down. again. he knows it. which is why he keeps silent and silently pulls you into a much needed hug.

you tense for a moment before setting the ice cream off your lap and wrapping your arms around his shoulders. you lean into him as much as possible, his arms sometimes giving a reassuring squeeze on your torso.

you both stay there for a moment, your soft cries being the only thing heard. bakugou runs his fingers through your hair to try and calm you.

seeing you so hurt made his heart hurt. he's liked you for so long—although he'd never admit it. seeing you hurt because of some stupid boy made his anger rise to the top; made it boil over its limit. yet, he stayed calm because he knew you couldnt handle it at the moment.

he let you stay there in his embrace for as long as you needed. he'd be there for as long as you needed too. he wanted to be there for you, honestly, hes always wanted too, however, he has way, way to much pride.

"bakugou..?" hes brought out of his thoughts by your soft, somewhat hoarse voice.

"hm?"

"why?"

"why what?"

"why are you here, helping, hugging, making me feel better; why are you here?"

"is that bad?"

"no." you hug him tighter.

"then ill stay. it must suck to be broken up with."

he knows rejection, he can only imagine what your going through.

"im sorry."

"dont be."

you shrug. he lets you go only to put away the ice cream and wash the spoon, but when then moves back to hug you, he instead picks you up and holds you by your thighs.

"huh?! where are we going?" you wrap your arms around his neck.

"were going to your room. you need rest."

you nod and lean into his grip while he takes the elevator and walks back to your room. by the time he gets there, youre practically asleep.

bakugou notices this and sets you down carefully, tucking you in. he takes off his hoodie setting it under your head so its resting on it. he then moves your hair out of your face, and leaves you to your thoughts.

all he can think about is how much he wants to beat up that damn pikachu for hurting you.