|| Episode 1 ||

The fog rolled over the streets. The sky was gloomy. The air smelled of mold. The cars zoomed past. It was the first day of school. I had prepared for this day for ages. I was so ready to go to school and see my friends. I went into my closet and picked out my outfit. It was quite cold so I picked out a purple cropped sweater with high waisted ripped jeans and a black belt with a butterfly charmed. I brushed my hair and straightened it. I left my room and went down to the kitchen. My mom, dad and both of my sisters were sitting at the table. I wanted to get a head start so I grabbed a piece of toast and headed out the front door. It was about a 15 minute walk to school and I was determined to walk the entire way. As I walked I noticed a sign on a tree for a missing cat. I grabbed my phone and took a picture of it so if I saw the cat I could help it get home safely. I finally arrived at the school. The school was well lit and quite a few students had arrived early. I walked in and went straight to the eighth grade lockers. Once I found my locker I tried to open it.

"Why won't this stupid locker open!" I was frustrated.
"Here let me help you!" A familiar voice sounded from the hall.
"Junior! Thank you!" Junior was Lexy's boyfriend so I saw him a lot.
"No problem I mean these lockers can be hard to open!" He was super kind to me but not so much to other people.
"That's two times you saved me from having to carry my backpack around all day how can I ever thank you." He helped me do the same thing last year apparently he is good with lockers I guess.
"Don't mention it! You are my girlfriends sister after all so you're like a sister to me" I don't know why when he said those words my heart skipped a beat.
"I'm off wouldn't want to be late on the first day!" I turned around hoping to get a response. I got nothing.

I walked to my first period. Once I entered the classroom there was one seat left. It was next to Jake Wheeler. Jake was what we considered unpopular. I was a cheerleader and very popular so we didn't talk at all. I never hated him we just weren't friends I guess. I sat down.

"Hello!" I said trying to make conversation.
"Why are you sitting with me?" He said with a blank expression.
"Well it's the only seat left and you looked lonely" he looked amused.
"Okay but you don't have to talk to me. We can just do the projects and pretend the other doesn't exist." He was very serious.
"Now why would I do that! I think we got off on the wrong foot! Hi! My name is Lia! Would you maybe want to be friends Jake?" I always wanted to be friends with new people but Lexy forbid it.
"Lia? Fine." He turned and looked at my sister who was staring us down.
"Oh don't worry about her. She has no say in my friendships anymore I won't let her control my life." I noticed he began to smile.
"You are probably the first person to actually be nice to me! Walk with me after class?" He was extremely happy at this point.
"Sounds like a plan!" I nodded in agreement.

Half way through the class my phone dinged. I looked at it even though we were not allowed on our phones. I received a notification the moment I saw it I looked at Jake and I looked at Lexy.

"Ah Jake here! Don't spend it all in one place." Oliver threw a coin at Jake and began laughing.
"Oliver leave Jake alone. He hasn't done anything to you." I looked at Oliver
"Lia! I've never hated anyone as much as you. I don't see how you and Lexy are even relatives." He knew what he had just gotten himself into.
"Back off Oliv-" Jake stopped me.
"Lia it's all good. Thanks for standing up for me I don't think anyone has ever done that for me before."  The bell rang and as I walked out I noticed Lexy staring us down.

Jake and I walked to lunch as the kids around us began to talk and stare. Most of them were talking about why I was hanging out with Jake but one conversation interested me.

"Junior she shouldn't be allowed to hang out with your cousin he's just not cool." I heard a female voice speaking in a concerned tone.
"Lexy it's her life, not yours. Let her live it the way she wants to." Junior was sticking up for me? Against Lexy?
"What? You don't have a crush on her do you? Because that's basically cheating." Lexy was joking.
"So what if I do?" Junior realized what he said and quickly apologized.
"Oh Jun Jun as much as I wish I could say I'm surprised I'm not. I've known for a while you liked her I just didn't want to admit it." Lexy seemed irritated.
"Lexy. Whatever I have to go I'll see you at the talent show." Lexy always performed an act and the talent show was that night.