|| Episode 2 ||

The fog rolled back in as Junior and Oliver stared at me. My brain was so focused on the fact that I knew who I wanted to choose but didn't want to hurt the other. I looked at Junior and then at Oliver. I knew what I needed to say.

"I choose...myself." Oliver and Junior looked each other in the eye.
"Why?" Junior looked hurt.
"I don't want to decide at the moment. I need time. For now ignore what I said Junior about being your girlfriend and Oliver keep up what you do. I'll let you know when I'm ready to decide." I looked at them both.
"Take your time Lia we want you to be sure." Oliver looked at Junior. I didn't answer I just smiled and walked away.

I didn't walk home. I walked to Jake's house. I noticed the cop cars were outside and I began to run. I was extremely worried that something has happened to Jake. I ran towards his door. I pushed through and saw Jake sitting at his table. He jumped up and hugged me.

"Lia! It's my dad he's dead." He began to cry harder.
"What? Jake I am so sorry." He looked at the doll.
"Lia it was the doll. It killed my dad." I went silent. I still hadn't processed it.
"Jake if you need somewhere to stay tonight you can stay with me!" I hugged him.
"Thank you but my uncle is coming to get me." He let go of me.
"Okay well I'll see you soon." He smiled and I walked outside.

I decided I wanted to clear my head so instead of heading home I walked around town a little bit. Eventually it was too dark to see so I decided it was time to go home. I walked to my house and the door was unlocked and the lights were on. I walked in.

"Oh my Lia! You're okay." Lexy ran up and hugged me. My mom rolled her eyes.
"Where have you been? We've been worried sick." My dad said as I sat down.
"Guys I'm okay. I was with Jake." Lexy and my mom locked eyes.
"Jake Wheeler?" They seemed angry.
"Yes? His dad died." They gasped before they could say anything I rushed upstairs and locked my door.

I grabbed my phone out of my bag and called Junior. It rang once and he picked up.

"Hey Junior is Jake there? Is he okay?" Junior was silent for a moment.
"Yeah. You heard I assume?" I sniffled.
"Yeah I ran into it on my way home." A tear fell from my eye.
"Yeah well I have to get to sleep. I'll see you whenever we return to school." Before I could respond he hung up.

I sat up all night thinking about what happened at the cemetery and what happened to Jake's dad. When my alarm went off I got ready and went to school. This routine continued for a week. Jake and Junior never showed up to school. A week later they finally showed up.

"Jake you're here!" I hugged him.
"Yeah Lia I missed you. I'm sorry I've been MIA I've been trying to focus on certain things." He looked at me.
"It's okay Jake! You needed time. I'm so sorry again about your dad." Before he could respond someone came running up to us.
"Jake I want to apologize for everything I've ever said. I am so sorry about your dad." It was Oliver he ran up beside Jake.
"Thank you Oliver." Jake smiled.
"Hey I'm having a part tonight you should definitely come! It will be fun. Lia you should come too." Oliver blushed. Jake looked at me.
"We'll be there Oliver!" I looked at Jake, Oliver walked away.
"What is going on with him?" Jake laughed.
"Well...the night your dad passed Junior asked me out. I said yes but then Oliver told me he liked me. I couldn't decide so I told them I needed more time. I already know who I want to choose but I don't want to lose the other." Jake's jaw dropped.
"You won't lose Oliver Lia." Jake smiled again.
"H-how did you know that's who I didn't want to lo-" He cut me off.
"It's obvious you like Junior. I just assumed but let's get to class." We walked to class silently.