Chapter Fourteen.

Finn

It's Halloween.

I don't know about you, but we take Halloween pretty seriously. The four of us went to the annual Kraken party last night and we were just princesses again, which Casey was very happy about. The internet was pretty chuffed with the pictures that were posted, too.

The girls usually put together a group costume for us for that party but they've been crazy busy with our wedding, and Casey and I were on an obscene amount of road trips the last couple of weeks. So we just wore what we wore trick-or-treating with Kenny last year and it sure was a hit.

We really didn't have a spare chance to get something else. Between you and me, the time I haven't spent on the wedding or on the road - I've been working out the kinks of her birthday present. The idea came to me when I was driving through the city and saw it. I literally pulled over right there and acted the most impulsively I ever have. I've wanted to do this for her for a long time and I know she's going to yell at me for it at first, but it's what she deserves. I know how much she wants it, since it's all she's talked about doing the last couple of years.

But I still have two more days until she gets that surprise. So now we're getting ready for our sleepover, which Kennedy has not stopped talking about. We decided that we're all going to be each other this year, though none of us know who is who since we picked out of a hat. I got Grace.

Avery knows who I have since I really needed her help. I'm awful with this shit but I like to play along. She hasn't told me who she is so I have a feeling it's me.

That's how we've gotten to the position we're in now, which is me sitting on the small bench/cabinet that's in our bathroom while she straighten my hair, which makes it a hell of a lot longer. I don't think I've completely realized how curly it truly is.

I haven't looked in the mirror once since she sat me down to work her magic. She's going to spray some blonde hair spray paint in my hair after she's done. I know I'm going to look like a doofus, but seeing her get giddy and being all smiley as she works on it makes me not give a single shit.

"Okay," she takes a step back as she turns off the straightener. She's just in a sports bra and a pair of sweatpants and fuck, she looks good. It's like our minds mirror one another because her eyes travel to my bare chest for a second before she meets mine again. That'll be her pass but so help me God if she looks at me like that again, she's getting tossed on that counter. "I'll spray your hair after you get dressed."

I just nod and reach next to me to pick up my phone as I'm about to stand up, but her hands go to my shoulders to stop me.

My brows dip and my lip tugs up in amusement as she stands between my legs and squats, resting her arms on my thighs as she looks up me with the best puppy dog eyes and pout I've ever seen. Oh, yeah. She's making it real damn hard not to throw her on the counter. "Can I pretty please do your makeup again?"

I really don't mind having makeup on, I think it's fun and she does it real nice. But it makes my eyes itch real bad and I apparently rub my face an excessive amount. Her pleading expression is making it literally impossible to say no, though.

"It's itchy," I pout slightly, rubbing at my eye with the back of my hand. I know I'm gonna end up doing it, so I might as well. This is exactly what happened last night, too.

"I won't put really any eyeshadow on," she promises, looking as hopeful as ever. She knows the hold she has on me, she knows I'll do it. "Only a real little bit, I'll make sure it doesn't get in your eyes."

I sigh deeply and take her face in both of my hands, which makes her get a small grin on those perfect lips. She hums at the feeling of my palms against her cheeks and moves her hands to hold onto the back of my calves. She's so fucking beautiful. "You have me wrapped around your pretty little finger, you know that?"