Chapter 2: The Prophecy

3rd POV

The same gold of different symbols showed a snake revealing a real snake slithering on something. Warriors were saying Teca getting ready for battle when a certain princess was holding a rope hopping down of the castle to a room, "Careful, careful, careful!" Maya said.

The people who were holding the person on top were the Jaguars when the Queen soon spoke.

"Ay, Gordo we need the other kingdoms," Queen Teca said, "This could've been done with more diplomacy," Queen Teca said.

"Diplomacy?" King Teca repeated the last word she said, "You want...Lord Mictlan...to sacrifice Maya and take Y/n away from us?" King Teca asked his wife.

Y/n was in the room with them standing between them listening to their conversation.

With Maya, the Jaguars were still holding the rope.

"Hold her, Daggers," Lance said.

"I got it, Shield" Daggers said.

"No, I'm Shield. I think" Sheild? said.

Maya shushed her brothers and continued to listen to her parent's conversation.

"You should have told Maya the truth years ago," Queen Teca said. "Y/n knows the truth, but Maya doesn't," Queen Teca said.

"But if I'm not Shield, whose hands are these" Shield? shouted whisper letting go of the rope and looking at his hands.

The other two laugh and let go of the rope, the rope let loose going to the room where the King and Queen were.

The three tried grabbing the rope but fail.

Maya landed in the King and Queen's room, but the rope whipped Maya's unhealed arm.

"Ow! Look, I don't think my arm is broken anymore," Maya said.

"Thank you, helpful strangers!" Maya yelled pointing in the air.

"Any time, sister" the Jaguars shouted back.

Queen Teca, King Teca, and Y/n look at Maya who giggled nervously.

"Why would you do such a foolish thing," Queen Teca asked.

Maya stood up, "I overheard everything," Maya said.

"This...This isn't easy to discuss" Queen Teca said.

"Well, Papa could have said," Maya said who started to walk weirdly with a deep voice.

"And by the way, Maya, the gods do walk among us, and I cheated on your mother with one of them, and then boom! You were born" Maya makes pointed handguns at the ground.

"Mijaaa?" King Teca said.

"Don't mija me" Maya said.

"You could have told me Y/n and I birth mother was Lady Micte and had two other siblings," Maya said, Y/n looked down.

"When you were young, it seemed too soon to tell, but Y/n was different," King Teca said, "And then...well, too much time had passed," King Teca said.

"How could you betray my--you wife?" Maya asked.

"Weren't you angry, Mama?" Maya asked.

Queen Teca chuckled, "Oh, I was furious. It was the first time I stabbed him" Queen Teca looked at her husband.

"I can still fit my finger in the stabby hole" King Teca showed his finger.

"You were just a baby when the forest spirits brought you, but Y/n was a little older than you before you came," Queen Teca said.