𝟘.𝟝

"This can't be! You, the anime librarian, have not watched Horimiya or even heard of it?!" Megumi gasped dramatically. I nodded my head as I changed into my indoor shoes.

"This must be a joke! Horimiya is the most cutest relationship anime I've ever watched!" Megumi scoffed while shaking me. "Say 'sike' right now! Say it!" she demanded.

"I seriously haven't." I said, placing a hand on her shoulder, signalling her to stop since it was nauseating.

"Outrageous! Consider our friendship a gone case." she huffed before lightly pushing me back jokingly.

"Fine, fine. I'll watch it when I get back." I sighed in defeat as I whipped out my phone and typed in 'Horimiya' on my anime watch list. Surprisingly I was nearly done with the list due to my very free schedule.

"By the way, sensei is starting lesson 10 minutes earlier." Megumi stated after remembering.

"...and you're telling this to me now? WE'RE LATE MEGUMI!" I told the girl before grabbing her wrist and dragging her to class.

"No running in the hallw-" the poor hall monitor didn't get to finish his sentence as we zoomed past him. "I'm not even paid for this shit." he grumbled as me and Megumi lightly giggled.

Timeskip!
"I'm home!" I shouted out of habit. My parents were practically never at home and are only seen for at most twice a year during small family gatherings and that's about all. However, being such work alcoholics does come with its perks, which explains how they are able to give me a good sum of money to pay for my necessities. I am grateful for this but I'd rather them hang out with me, instead of their stacks of paper.

I went up to my room and tossed my bag to one side before arriving at my PC desk.

"Horimiya...Horimiya...ah! There!" I clicked onto the link, praying it was not some virus or sketchy website.

The art style was pretty great in my opinion (someone give the artist(s) a raise). I chuckled a bit when the teacher tried to "cheer" the main lead up, even though she was just fine, with the 'I love flat-chested girls'.

Suddenly, I started yawning and feeling sleepy. "No way, it's like 5 in the evening...I-I even slept early last night..." I said between yawns. "I wouldn't be able to face Megumi if I don't finish this." I told myself as I shook my head. As I proceeded to press the left arrow key to go back from where I last saw. The next moment I knew...everything was pitch black. No, not the computer screen, it's my surroundings.

"Oh, you're finally awake." I heard someone say as I opened my eyes. She had brown hair with a ribbon being tied to a small part of it. What stood out to me the most was that she was...levitating?!

"How the- what- who- HUH?!" I tried stuttering out my confusion as she sighed.

"Eto Hoshi, your guardian angel." she introduced while I tried adjusting to whatever was going on.

"Wait, guardian angels exist???" I asked.

"Of course we do." Hoshi scoffed while rolling her eyes.

"Huh? Then why did you only appear now when I...actually where am I?" I looked around the place seeing that it obviously wasn't my room.

"Well, believe or not, we're in the 2D world. Horimiya anime world to be more or less exact." she said as I stared at her with a confused look.

"'More or less exact'? What does that mean?"

"Surprisingly, Sengoku and Remi aren't together...their like one of my favourite ships. Actually I have a lot of ships in Horimiya." she shrugged as I just stared at her with an even more confused look.

"You'll figure it out later." she reassured, patting my back which was certainly no help.

"Ok wait so, how did I even get here?" I asked the girl as she shook her head.

"Thing is, I'm not sure either." she said. "All I know is that the body your in right now IS you but in this world. Apparently the original owner tried killing herself, some things happened and somehow your here. We are trying our best to figure out what happened and how to fix it. So currently, the gods are figuring out this problem while I've been told to guide you." she explained. That certainly was a big information to take in but I've somewhat got the gists.

"I think I get it...but why are you visible? I thought humans can't see guardian angels."

"In this world 'guardian angels' don't exist thus making me go visible to everyone. That's why I am able to shift into a cat." Hoshi said as black mists appeared around her. Suddenly a black cat was beside me as I stared at it.

"The thing is, I can only 'meow' when I shift into that form so it's really annoying." she shifted back to her original state as she grumbled.

"Why don't you just stay in this form?" I asked, being my clueless self.

"And what? Let people see a levitating girl? Oh and, trust me, I've tried 'walking' but it seems the ground is repelling me away from it and preventing me from doing so." she rolled her eyes as I just nodded. Just then a knock was heard.

"Y/n~! Hurry! It's your first day of school and we wouldn't want to be late now, would we?" someone called from outside.

"That's your 'mother'. Go respond to her you disrespectful child." Hoshi said as she smacked me on the head.

"I'll be there Okaasan!" I shouted back as I rubbed my head.

"By the way, don't change the story plot! I still want Hori and Miyamura to end up together." the girl huffed as I just stared at her.

"Oh, the two main leads?" I asked as she nodded. "Aight. I need to get ready so go away." I shooed the girl as she nodded before shifting into a cat and jumping onto a nearby branch from the window.

'This is going to be a long day...' I thought as I sighed.

—————————————————————————
A/C note: I'll be splitting this into two chapters since it getting long, the decision would be placed in the next chapter. Btw I know a lot of you are probably not understanding a single thing I typed here so please tell me how I can help you.