𝟛

I shifted my gaze between Remi and the crowd, telepathically telling her that I couldn't accept the offer without going out of the school unharmed.

At first Remi was giving me confused looks but slowly she got it. "Ah...I'm sorry to have disturbed you." she gave me a soft smile as I bowed a little before mouthing a 'thank you'.

"Hey, uh...would you want to...partner up?" I asked the 'chill girl' as she nodded. "Thank you..."

"I saw Remi asking to partner up with you earlier, why didn't you just accept?" she questioned as I chuckled a bit.

"If I had, I'm not sure if I would be able to make it back home alive." I joked as she giggled.

The class slowly settled down as the teacher started explaining what to do. It was just a mini project where we have to prepare for a presentation tomorrow.

"I haven't got your name, so you are?" I asked.

"Oh, my bad. I'm Kōno Sakura." she introduced as I nodded.

"You may already know my name but I'll say it anyways, I'm L/n Y/n. Nice to meet you Kōno san." I gave her my hand as she shook it.

While doing the project, I realised that Sakura couldn't really focus as she kept glancing at Remi.

"Um...Kōno san...why do you keep looking at Remi?" I questioned the girl whose eyes widened.

"Ah! I'm sorry, it's just that...Remi and I are both friends, usually it'll be us pairing up with each other but we had a small argument yesterday..." she trailed off as I realised the situation.

"My bad! I didn't know." I apologised quickly as she shook her head.

"No it's ok, I feel better telling you about it actually." she reassured as I hesitantly nodded. "L-Let's get on with the project yah?" she said as we continued our work.

Timeskip!
I felt bad for just butting myself into Sakura's situation so I just had to do something about it.

"I'll see you tomorrow Kōno san!" I waved her a goodbye as she nodded. Now I just have to find Remi.

"Ayasaki san!" I called as I finally found her sitting below some random tree.

"Eh? L/n san?" Remi stared at me.

"Mhm. I just wanted to ask you to forgive Kōno san for whatever she had done, even though I'm not so sure about the details, I'm pretty sure she's sorry for it. She's been staring at you during class." I said.

"Don't get me wrong, I would love to forgive her...that is once she learns how to love herself more." Remi replied as I gave her a confused look. "This started because she had became more doubtful of herself and questions her self worth. I tried reasoning with her about it but it ended up with us arguing." she explained as I nodded.

"I'm pretty sure she's learnt her lesson but is too scared to approach you." I suggested. "Whatever it is, you wouldn't want to lose your friendship because of this right?" I gave her a small smile as she visibly blushed a little.

"Tomorrow you should apologise to her yah?" I said as she nodded. "Great, then I'll be going back, have a safe trip!"

"You too!" she shouted as I giggled a bit.

Timeskip!
"What a day." I sighed before throwing my bag across the room and jumping onto my bed.

"Look who it is." I heard a familiar voice say as I flinched. "Chill it's just me, Hoshi." she did a peace sign.

"Don't scare me like that." I groaned.

"Well guess what? That's how I felt when I heard that you were changing the plot." Hoshi deadpanned as my sweat dropped.

"W-Well you can't really blame me..." I stuttered a little.

"First day of school and you've changed not only the plot but some of the characters feelings." Hoshi said as I gasped.

"Nonsense, I can't attract even an ant what are you accusing me of?" I scoffed as Hoshi annoyedly sighed.

"Whatever Ms Dense."

Timeskip...again!
"Kōno san, I need you to follow me." I told the girl who hesitantly stood up and complied. We walked over to Remi's locker as Sakura looked like she wanted to run upon seeing Remi.

"I-I'm sorry Sakura..." Remi wasted no time in apologising as Sakura was shocked.

'Ngl...this looks like those romance animes where the female lead confesses to the male lead-'

"It's ok if you don't forgive me...a-as long as you remember your self worth I think that's all that matters." Remi added.

'This is so cute I might actually cry...' (Btw, am I the only one who cries when someone cries- 💀 only me? Ok-)

"I'm sorry too! I shouldn't have quarrelled with you over such a small matter." Sakura said. "I shouldn't have allowed others to affect me...I'm deeply sorry Remi and I hope you forgive me." Sakura bowed as she teared up a bit. (P.S. this applies to everyone, never look down on yourself and don't let others affect you!)

"Of course I'll forgive you!" Remi tackled Sakura into a hug as the both of them laughed. Of course we were given some weird stares but that's alright.

"Y'all are so cute I can't-" I said, looking at the duo.

"Ne, L/n san," Remi gave Sakura a look, to which Sakura just nodded, before facing me. I, on the other hand, was wiping away some invisible proud tears. "Would you want to join the student council? It would be great to have more hands on board." she asked as I thought about it.

Should I really join though...

I mean it allows me to earn some points to help with my university entrance...that's if I ever get there. But I can hang out with Sakura and Remi more. I would be of higher status to others too and this opportunity is as good as gold, like when Remi invited me to pair up with her but double that up.

On the other hand, without it I have more time to myself and to hang out with others, including them. I would have lesser work to deal with too.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/c: reasons of wanting to discontinue, this is so cringe I can't. I won't actually discontinue BUT THIS IS SO BAD. I wanna die like right now- I'm having a writing block but I'll deal with it...I guess? I'm having a mental breakdown while thinking if I should even publish this so please tell me where the bad parts are because I cringed so badly while texting this and I just can't find where it is. I might have published this earlier than I wanted but I felt like I've been procrastinating a lot.