𝟝

"Sure..." I responded hesitantly.

While I felt awkward sharing an umbrella with this stranger, or apparently "my" childhood friend, he seemed quite happy as if...as if this was just a dream he wished to not wake up from.

"I'm not sure where to start...but, did you move house? You just...disappeared one day without telling me and when I rang the doorbell, I was met with a stranger..." he sighed, stopping in his tracks and staring at me, waiting for an answer.

"I'm...not sure, but I think so." I responded truthfully, I really was uncertain. "My memory is hazy, I'm sorry."

"It's alright...! I'm just glad you're alive and in the same school as me now. I actually thought you died after not hearing from you for months, which turned to years..." he smiled softly before hugging me, of course while holding the umbrella in one hand.

To be honest, it was quite cringe but at the same time I needed this slight reassurance. I just entered this world, but I have to leave everything in the real world behind for now, and no one is giving me enough time to adjust. Yet now I have to take on this new identity like I should know anything and everything.

"Ah but, I definitely don't live in this street." I stared at the unfamiliar road around us while his cheeks grew red.

"O-Oh sorry." he immediately lets go of me and mumbled an apology. "Haha, sorry I forgot you weren't living at your old house. Lead the way, I'll just shelter you, besides I'm not in a rush."

A gentleman he was, it was already late yet he offers to walk me home, putting others before himself. With his looks and personality, tons of girls must really fawn over him!

"If you insist..." I whipped out my phone, entering the maps app and keying in my address.

It got silent quickly, only sound coming from the rain water violently hitting any surface it comes to contact with and the device in my hand.

"So...any girlfriends yet? I'm not judging if you have a boyfriend too." I awkwardly asked.

'Woah! What a great starter conversation Y/n, give yourself a pat on the back for such a WONDERFUL idea!! Let's just ask everyone you met about their love life!'

"Um...I don't have any significant others yet but I might have a tiny crush on a girl named Yuki from class 3-1..." he shyly admitted.

"Yuki? As in Yoshikawa Yuki? As in Hori Kyōko best friend??" my eyes widened as I realised the small world we were in, literally.

"Does she already have a boyfriend...? I mean I'm not the best option and all but did someone actually beat me to it?" he asked worriedly.

"Um...that I'm unsure, for now I don't think so...?" I answered, earning a loud sigh of relief in response.

"Thank god, I haven't loss all my chances yet! Oh yes, how about you N/n chan?" he turned to me and ruffled my hair, messing it up. I hummed with a hint of annoyance due to my currently messed up hair. "Do you have any significant others yet? Maybe a crush or eye candy?" he nudged me, giggling slightly. I kept silent for a while before answering.

"Considering I just joined the school a few days ago, I don't really know anyone. Though, I do admire Sakura and Remi from the student council. Oh and Iura from 3-1 is quite cute too with his loud bubbly personality!" I chuckled as he visibly irked.

"Loud...people...? I understand Sakura but...the other two?" he deadpanned as I gasped.

"Hey that's rude! They're really nice you know??" I huffed. He was about to retort back however my phone interrupted him.

Reached!

"Oh. Well this is my stop Yana-chan. Have a safe trip back home, thank you!!" I gave a soft smile, ruffling his hair before running into the house.

Seeing as I safely reached inside, I waved the red head off as he returned the wave before walking off.

"So...you've got yourself a boyfriend already?"

"OH MY GOSH!" I flinched back but sighed of relief realising it was just Hoshi. "At least say hi or something, don't just sneak up on me!"

"Yo." she greeted with a peace sign, an unbothered expression plastered on her face.

"And no, he's not my boyfriend. He likes-"

"Yoshikawa Yuki. Yah we've been known." she flicked my forehead before floating into the living room. "I made dinner because someone had to do it."

"Wow, how thoughtful of you Yuki." I said with a hint of sarcasm. I mean I was grateful...but a half eaten box of instant noodles...seriously?

"Yah, anyways your parents won't be back until next week." she informed.

"Ah...it's to be expected. I guess in all universes, my parents will never be present in my life." I sighed, turning on the television. Hoshi just patting me on the head as reassurance, turning into her cat form and sleeping on my lap.

Timeskip!
"-/N! EARTH TO Y/N!!! WAKE THE FUCK UP!" was all I heard upon waking up.

"H-Huh...?" I yawned, still half asleep.

"YOU'RE LATE FOR SCHOOL!!" Hoshi started collecting my things for me, tossing all my books into my bag.

"Oh shit."

"STOP DAYDREAMING AND START GETTING READY." she smacked the back of my head, quite harshly if I may add.

"Ow, ow! Ok, yes, alright, noted, doing so right now." I chanted, running into my room.

"Here's a toast." Hoshi quickly tossed it in the air as I (magically) managed to catch it with my mouth. I grabbed my bag and slipped on my socks and shoes, my hair was tied in a messy bun as I didn't have time to style it.

SHIT IM GOING TO BE LATE BUT HOW DO I GET TO SCHOOL FAST??

I could run...but I'll be hella tired. On the bright side, it's definitely faster than that run down bike...

BUT at the same time I'm willing to risk my chances and save my energy.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/C: AHHH IM FINALLY DONE OMG. It's currently 2:30 in the morning. Anyways PLEASE, PELASE COMMENT ON AN OPTION OR ELSE I CAN'T CONTINUE- watch me disappear for another year. Well this book was made on 26 NOV 2021 and it's my most successful book along with my Inuamki one. I'm just glad to see you guys actually enjoying it, though I find it pretty cringe and weird but thank you for enduring. I'd just like to point out that my writing style has changed DRASTICALLY and it's no longer as good...I'm trying ok 🥹. I will be using the Romaji names (instead of Kyoko Hori it was meant to be Hori Kyōko) so rightfully, the "love system" in the announcement chapter was wrong...I'll just make a new one in the next chapter. I'll re-edit this chapter when I wake up too, since it was only made with my half awake ass. Welp this A/C note was longer than the whole story so that's a wrap! Goodnight 😴!