hanahaki. </3 :)

art by @GHOSTIEHERE1 on Twitter <3

tw // death, blood mention, thorns mention?

revivebur, angst, romantic

they/them

Y/N pov

Damn flowers.

These gods' damn flowers wouldn't get out of my throat.

I skimmed and scanned through every book I could find, and only one gave me an answer.

Hanahaki.

A disease that causes the victim to start growing flowers inside their lungs.

It is caused by one-sided love, and can only be cured if the victim's suitor reciprocates feelings.

If not treated in time, the victim will most likely die of suffocation.

Death time approximately in 1 - 3 months after showing symptoms, but may vary depending on the type of plant growing.

I cough up a few more petals and toss them to the side. I had already made an enormous pile over the last week.

I examined all the petals, trying to figure out which flowers they came from.

Cherry blossoms, larkspurs, sunflowers, roses, lilacs, and chrysanthemums were the ones I could identify. His favourites.

My fellow Syndicate members tried to help me cure it once they found out two weeks after I began experiencing symptoms.

Phil and Techno tried taking out the flowers manually, but as expected, it didn't work.

Niki tried making me drink non-toxic plant killers, but they still kept growing. Techno even tried his own method by attempting to give me vodka, but Niki refused.

Ranboo tried breathing exercises, but I just coughed up flowers the whole time.

Occasionally I would cough up blood, due to the thorns from the roses causing the internal bleeding.

Phil did help out a bit by taking out the rose vines every now and then.

The process hurt, but at least it made it a bit more comfortable.

Every day was worse than the last, as my chest ached.

I honestly couldn't tell if it was my lungs or my heart, wishing he were here.

Nobody had tried getting him to come over all the way to the north just to cure me.

Well, I advised against it, not wanting to bother him just because I had feelings for him.

Techno couldn't bear to lose one of the members of the syndicate, so he travelled back to the place he dreaded.

The ruins of L'manberg, where he found a revived Wilbur speaking with Tubbo.

He immediately grabbed Wilbur and forced him through a nether portal.

Sooner or later, he was standing right in front of me.

I was sitting on a chair, trying to hold back the petals.

I didn't want to embarrass myself. The thought of him seeing me weak was too much.

He only stared at me, presumably wondering what was wrong. On the surface, it merely seemed like I was nervous, which I was, but not in the way he would think.