... 'cause the walls don't fucking love you </3 :]

art by @EvochiProtiv on Twitter <3

tw // attempted suicide

ghostbur, angst, platonic + romantic [up for interpretation]

pt2 of shout at the wall

Y/N pov

A ghost. The ghost of my best friend. The desaturated and transparent version of my best friend for 13 years, a waterfall streaming down his to my left. Steam was emitting off of him as if it was burning his skin. I press on his skin lightly with the cuff of my sleeve, trying my best not to smear the tears and cause more damage. I didn't know if I was angered by the situation, or sad. Maybe it might be disappointment or devastation.

"Y/N?"

He uttered my name and I lifted my head, stunned, "How do you know my name?"

"You're Y/N? Like, the alive Y/N? All I can do is nod.

"I'm Ghostbur," he stands up and approaches the concrete walls, caressing them with his cool touch, "Wow... So this is the train station..."

I was still on the floor, hands on my face attempting to hide the salty tears building up in my eyes.

"Do you wanna talk-?" the ghost tries to converse with me.

"I'd rather not." I quickly interrupt him with a cold bitterness at the tip of my tongue.

"Well, I'm always here if you need-"

"I don't care, look, I just lost my best friend of 13 years 'cause he left me, and I expect that pretty soon, you're gonna leave too. I couldn't care less about you so why don't you shut the fuck up, you stupid ghost!" I burst out in anger, raising my voice at him. My harsh statement resulted in him curling up in a corner, steaming his own face. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel bad.

Almost instantly, guilt consumed me. I just ruined my chance of making a new friend and I fucked it all up because of a stupid thing my friend did a few minutes ago. Wilbur and I always wanted to test if we could die in here to try and get out, but we were too afraid to lose each other.

Now? Hah, I have nothing left to lose.

It had been a few days since 'Alivebur' left. I approach the edge of the platform, mind empty. As if on cue, I hear a train coming close. My eyes widen, with an unknown emotion. Fear? Shame? Determination? Was it even an emotion at all?

"Y/N?"

I inch myself closer to the edge, awaiting the train.

"Y/N, what are you doing?"

My breathing slows as I shut my eyes, leaning forward.

"Y/N STOP!"

With no particular pattern, my breath shook as I felt the cold metal millimetres away from touching my face and taking me with it.

A cold touch wrapped its way around my wrist as the wind from the train made my face feel almost identical.

"y-Y/N... you need to watch your step-"

"Why did you do that?" I turn to him, the gust of wind passing by blowing my hair, "Why the hell did you save me-"

"Y/N," he rummages through his pockets and holds a dark past in his hands, "Have some blue, Y/N."

"What?" I whimper, as he smudges some onto my hands, "I yelled at you, why're you-"

"Have some blue, calm yourself."

Another wave of guilt overcomes me. Here he was, sympathising for me, giving me the blue dye which was probably one of the only things in his pocket. And here I was, being a condescending dickhead towards him a mere few seconds ago. God, I hated myself, I hated myself so much I could just run in front of that train again. But I couldn't, I couldn't leave such a kind soul here in limbo, in this horrible place...

I bury my head in his shoulder, crying into it. Luckily, his bright yellow sweater blocked my pathetic tears from burning him.

I'm grateful.

Grateful that a friendly ghost was here to accompany me.

He wasn't the snarky fun Alivebur that I truly knew, but he was better than nobody.

And that's what mattered to me.

word count: 666

[hehehe devil number]

a/n: this one was quite short and lazy, but i wrote the first part way before i made this oneshot book, and i came up with this oneshot this morning, so i'm sorry that it's so sloppy! i'll try to do better in my future oneshots, today was a lazy day ->-