finally. <3 :)

art by @ ccynosaur on Twitter <3

tw // death mention [well ofc, revivebur babyyy <3]

revivebur, fluff, romantic

they/them

italic = flashback

a/n: request woooo ty Qibli1nnit <3
I'M SCARED IT'S OUT OF CHARACTER

Y/N pov

I never really liked Ghostbur, he was just an overly optimistic ghost stepping in for the real Wilbur. Ghostbur was never the real Wilbur and never will be. Every time he would try to talk to me I'd avoid him, he must've known I loved him in his past life. Always trying to find me, trying to show affection, but I merely pushed him out, he was only a fragment of Wilbur, if even at all. He was barely the real Wilbur.

======================

"Y/N! Would you like some blue? I have more left-"

"No, it's fine." Wilbur never used to do this.

======================

"Y/N, Friend really likes you!"

"Okay..." Wilbur never had this sheep.

======================

"Y/N! Y/N! Do you know why I blew everything up?"

"Yeah, but I won't tell you." Wilbur would've remembered.

======================

The only resemblance I spotted between the two was the yellow sweater and the red beanie, and even then, I wore the real sweater every day, the sweater that the real Wilbur was wearing under his coat on the day of his death, the two Ghostbur had was only a gimmick. I felt my head for another iconic piece of his attire as I sat on my couch at the home we used to share in the arctic.

======================

"Wilbur! Where are you?!" I exclaim, running around the woods with my short stubby legs.

"BOO!" a British voice sneaks up from behind me and I scream, bursting both of our eardrums.

"Wilbur! What the fudge- You scared me!"

"That was the whole point, Y/N."

"I know, it was just scary," I chuckle and unfold the piece of yellow clothing in my arms, shoving it in his arms "I made this for you!"

"Aww, thank you! I have something for you too," Wilbur gets down on one knee, taking off his red beanie and using it as a ring, "Will you marry me, Y/N?"

"Wil...Wilbur, we're eight! What the fudge are we-"

"I asked my dad and he said it was okay."

"Oh, okay," a cheeky grin creeps up on my face, "I'll marry you! Yes!"

We both didn't know how to kiss, so we only hugged, merely placing kisses on each other's cheeks.

======================

I can't believe I ended up with both pieces of clothing at the end of the day, both of them tear-stained. That engagement lasted 17 years, and yet, no marriage. I found it hilarious though, engaged for 17 years.

Every day I would visit him, compared to Schlatt's grave, Wilbur's was pathetic. Only two pieces of cobblestone to look back on the brave leader. Schlatt was a tyrant, and Wilbur was the only one who could truly see the whole picture. The nation needed to be destroyed, and it was destroyed, either way, so all the progress didn't matter. Those children needed to face reality and they did, finally.