count </3 :] :)

art by @ ghostandfriend on Twitter <3

tw // death + revival, blood mention

ghostbur + revivebur, angst, romantic

she/her

a/n: omfg i wrote this back in july wtf - time to post it on here for antis to ridicule me <3

reader pov

Y/N is also a ghost-like Ghostbur, she doesn't mind being called her "alive" name, her ghost persona can be quite sarcastic at times and feels emotions too deeply than she's supposed to as a side effect for not opening up to many. She could only remember all the bad things that had ever happened to her when she was alive, so Ghostbur had to remind Y/N of all the good times they had together, and then she held all the good memories her alive persona had with Alivebur. She was a cold-blooded serial killer while she was still living, taking at least one of everyone's canon lives, even Wilbur's.

She, however, died sacrificing her life for Wilbur, he of course died right after. It was the Manberg vs Pogtopia war, L'manberg had just been blown up and Wilbur was about to be killed.

"W-Wilbur?" Y/N appears from behind the damaged wall into the revealed control room.

"Y/N... Get out." Wilbur tosses Philza a sword, "Kill me, Phil! Stab me! END ME!"

"What?!" Y/N equips her crossbow, "N-NO! DROP THE SWORD, PHIL!"

"Wilbur, I can't kill you..." Philza lowers the sword, "You're my son!"

"I DON'T CARE! JUST- KILL ME!" Wilbur extends his arms out, Philza lifts his sword but Y/N jumps in front of the blade still facing Wilbur. Philza stops, but someone behind Wilbur holds out a netherite sword. Dream.

"WILBUR!"

Y/N jumps into Wilbur's arms and spins around so the blade hits her instead of Wilbur.

She drops to her knees onto the ground as blood seeps into her clothes. Wilbur immediately shoots Dream with his crossbow, taking his first canon life.

"Y/N! Y/N! WAKE UP! Y-YOU DON'T DESERVE THIS! YOU DESERVE TO LIVE!" Wilbur scoops Y/N into his arms, his tears mixing with the blood in her fabric.

A small smile escaped from Y/N's lips as she took her final breath.

"THAT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME! WAKE UP! PLEASE! WAKE UP! PLEASE, Y/N!" He stands up facing Phil, "Kill me. Now."

Phil hesitates no longer, he raises the sword as Wilbur doesn't flinch. Both Wilbur's and Y/N's bodies evaporate into thin air.

present day.

Y/N searched all over the Dream SMP looking for her ghost friend, Ghostbur. They did everything together. They met Friend together. They discovered blue together. They were always together. They both had compasses pointing to each other, like Tommy and Tubbo. They needed each other. They wouldn't survive without each other.

"Ghostbur!" Y/N called out, her voice echoed through the server, but no response occurred, "It's gonna rain soon, come on!"

More rain dripped from the grey clouds above, it penetrated her under saturated skin. Steam smokes out as she dashes to shelter. The shelter was helpless, tears streamed down her face, she couldn't decide what hurt more, the burning or Ghostbur not being there this time.

"Where are you..?"

Her best friend had been out for so long, too long. She rummages through her pockets, trying to find something blue, anything blue. But nothing, she had no blue left. Friend frolicked in the rain as she sat and watched. This was the first time they both didn't have each other. Y/N glances at the compass in her hand.