PART 2 | 9,000 miles

Kennedy's P

Kennedy's P.O.V

CAIDEN OPENED THE car door for me and I slid into the passenger seat.

I was exhausted from the interview and a nap by Caiden's side was looking pretty good right about now. But unfortunately there was a ton of packing to do at home.

"You were awesome out there," Caiden glanced over at me when he had pulled out of the beach parking lot.

"Wasn't my best," I stifled a yawn.

He shook his head with a small smile plastered on his cheeks. "Will you ever learn to take a compliment?"

Smiling, I rolled my eyes at him. "Will you ever stop giving me them?" I rested my head back on the seat to gaze out the window.

"Never." He slipped his hand into mine and my heart  beat sped up a little.

Moments later we arrived back at my house, Caiden pulled up beside the mail box and a grin spread across my face when I saw Roscoe, my golden retriever wagging his tail at the entrance way window.

I've had him since I was ten, he was the best birthday present a girl could have asked for.

"Hey Roscoe!" He piled into my arms when I pushed open the front door.

Roscoe's been by my side for so long, I hate the idea of having to leave him behind.

"And they're back!" My father wheeled himself into the room. "How was it?" He asked.

I stood up from patting Roscoe and walked over to kiss my father on the cheek. "Amazing," I said.

"You should have seen the boards they had: Short boards, Hybrids, long boards, oh and fun boards too!" I let out a dreamful sigh. "I swear I just got a visit to heaven."

Caiden and my father chuckled. "I'm sure it was," he replied.

Even through simplest of words, I felt the deep passion my father and I shared with the ocean, both of us lost under the same current, hypnotised by the wave and feel of a board beneath our toes.

It's something completely inexplicable.

The one thing my father loved so much other than his family, had been the very thing that took his legs and buried his surfing career in the sand. Yet he still continues to love it because I love it.

Think of it this way, if you took a blind mans cane from his grasp, there's always someone who will take his arm and be his eyes to the world. Even then, the blind man will take a great deal of love to his heart because they describe it so beautifully.