Part 14 | not ideal

Kennedys P

Kennedys P.O.V

After spending the morning with Sakura, Gabriella and Tristian talking and getting to know each other over we had all explored some of the hotel together. By the time we were done talking and exploring, thunderous grey clouds were slowly rolling over the sky like an oil spill in the south pacific.

To most the incoming rain seemed harmful to the naked eye, but it hinted to be deadly to those caught inside it.

There was the possibility it would rack up a mean set but the risk of surfing in similar conditions to my incident too close to the beginning of WSL tour was not the best idea despite its slight temptation.

My shin tingled at the thought. The incident was somewhat traumatic yet thrilling at the same time. I shouldn't do it again. 

"Guess I'm going to have to move my 5 mile run to the treadmill," Tristian mentioned as he gazed out the grand floor to ceiling windows.

The four of us walked to the elevators outside to go back to our rooms and get ready for any plans that we had before the meet and greet tonight. I wasn't sure what I would do apart from the hitting the gym the hotel assembled on the thirteenth floor specifically for the WSL competitors.

I found it cool how we were all in the same hotel, well except for Isaac and Rylan I believe.

Sakura followed Tristian's eye out the window. The clouds continued to roll and rumble and it did not look promising at all. "Do you think it'll blow over?" She raised the question that we were all thinking.

Tristian shrugged one shoulder as he leaned over to press the elevator button. "I doubt it."

"Let's hope so," Gabriella responded. "We're supposed to begin with the first seeding round this week."

The competition was supposed to start in three days and everyone around the world would be waiting and competitors were eager to stitch up a show on the waves. A storm right now is not ideal.

Soon enough the elevator doors pinged open and we all piled inside. 

"It's not all that bad. At least we'll be able to train a little more," Tristian suggested.

When he said that I nodded in agreement. Even though Sakura and Gabriella huffed at the weather, I was thankful for the chance at a little more preparation and the opportunity to give my leg a few more days recovery. That is if the storm doesn't roll past.

"But I don't need land practice I need the waves. But we can't go out if its like that." 

"Who's stopping you?" I said. The news over the years has shared some things about me but my incident surprising hadn't made debut.

They look at me surprised.

Tristian's eyes shift down to my leg and a moment of realisation crosses his face as his lips formed the shape of an 'o'.