Chapter 6: Remaining Days

Previously...

“Alright, then let’s go somewhere after I recover.”

“Wait really!?”

She really thought it was a joke, not until Sunday came and Cale kept his promise.

-

Remaining days: 6 days

"Do you want to go with me?"

Her eyes widened in surprise when Cale asked her that. This man should still be resting.

"Where are we going?"

Cale brought her to one of the said islands he owned, together with the others. They are sitting somewhere away from the people, though they watch how happy they are, especially the kids.

It is so beautiful. She thought without knowing she said it out loud. They looked even more beautiful under the sunset.

She was amazed by the fact that those people are different from each other, some of them are dragons, cat tribe, wolf tribe, tiger tribe, former princess and so on but seeing them bond without caring about their differences, it’s just beautiful. They’re strong but their bond is stronger.

"Yes, you're right." On the other hand, Cale whispered. His eyes remained to her and his hand gently held hers. She is beautiful.

Remaining days: 5 days

Cale was sitting pretty when Hong approached him with Raon.

"Cale! Can we go to the capital with Bria?"

The kids really want to show Brianna around the kingdom, but they would need permission first. Luckily, Cale already planned to do so even without them asking.

They got there without knowing there was a festival in that place.

“Bria, over there!” The kids exclaimed, On and Hong were pulling her somewhere while Raon followed them around.

“Look, Human’s Wife! This would look good on you.”

The others stopped from their spots and saw a golden rose pin that the black dragon pointed to.

It was indeed beautiful. Cale didn’t hesitate to buy it for her and buy some for On as well. She was shocked when Cale held her hair with care and even without personally watching him, she knew that he was fixing her hair beautifully.

“It really looks good with you, yours too, On.” Cale praised them that made the two blushed while they muttered a thanks.

Their blushes disappeared when they heard themselves synchronized with each other and even looked at each other at the same time, making them have eye contact. After a moment of silence, they both let out a laugh while the three companions looked confused.

While the others were occupied, someone secretly approached Cale. A little girl with a banquet of flowers in her hand.

“You have a beautiful family, sir. Please have this flower for your wife.”

Before he got to say thank you, Hong already pulled him away.
“Cale, let’s dance!”

He was late to notice that he was already in the middle of attraction and got pushed by Hong towards On. On lead him to dance when he got a glimpse of Hong dancing with Brian.

He failed to notice the looks of people around them as well as the petals of roses swirling around the two pairs that were made by Raon’s magic. That was an unforgettable night.