Moving

"I look so big," Carina said, standing sideways, looking at her bump in the mirror, "How am I only 18 weeks pregnant?"

"Because there are two tiny humans in there," Maya said, walking up behind her hand putting her arms around her wife's waist, settling her hands on the ever growing bump, "And you don't look that big. I mean, look at Amelia."

"Amelia is due in four days," Carina said, laughing, "And this is her third pregnancy."

"You look beautiful," Maya said, pressing a kiss into Carina's shoulder. Carina smiled, turning around and kissing Maya.

Suddenly, the pregnant woman pulled away, hands going to her belly.

"What?" Maya said, concern filling her face, "What happened? Are the girls ok? Do we need to go to the hospital?"

"I don't think so," Carina said, leaving her hands on her belly, "About the hospital I mean. I think... I think I just felt them move."

"Really?" Maya said, eyes wide, "That's amazing! Can I feel them?"

"Probably not," Carina said, shaking her head, "It's not big movements. It kinda feels like a... maybe a butterfly fluttering it's wings. It is strange."

"Wow," Maya said, smiling, "I can't believe you're feeling them move."

"I know," Carina said, smiling as she felt it again, "This makes it feel so much more real. We are really going to have two babies in like 5 months."

"I know," Maya said as they headed out of the bedroom, going into the kitchen, "We should probably start doing stuff to get ready? Right? Like maybe plan the nursery or something?"

"Or chose their names?" Carina said, raising an eyebrow.

"You mean we can't just call them Piccola and Patatina," Maya said, nodding, "I was actually thinking about that the other day. I was thinking, maybe, we could name one after your mom?"

"Cosa?" Carina said, whipping around and looking at her wife, "Are you serious?"

"Only if you want," Maya said, not sure if Carina was happy or furious with her suggestion, "I mean, we don't have to, but..."

"No, I think it is a great idea," Carina said, smiling, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah," Maya said, nodding as she wrapped her arms around her wife's shoulders, drawing her close, "Your mom had a beautiful name, and even though I never got the honor of meeting her, she made a pretty amazing daughter, and I know you had a complicated relationship, but also that she was important to you."

"Thank you Maya," Carina said, wiping a tear off her cheek, "That means a lot to me."

Maya kissed her wife, feeling Carina smile into the kiss.

"The babies like when we do that," Carina said, hand on her stomach again, "They keep moving when you kiss me."

"Good," Maya said, kissing her again, "Because I like it too."

                            ________________________________________________

"Miller, go home," Maya said, looking at her sick lieutenant.

"Captain, I'm fine," Dean said, coughing into her elbow.

"No, you are not," Maya said, shaking her head, "You are coughing, you look feverish, and you sound like hell. No one else wants this virus, and I cannot afford to take it home to Carina so get the hell out of my station."

Dean was too tired to argue so he grabbed his bag, leaving. There was some nasty virus making its way through 19 and Maya was doing absolutely everything in her power not to get it.