: hjs ♫︎

☞︎︎︎ 𝚁𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚎

~𒊹︎︎︎~

"Make yourself at home", Jisung says while his fingers wrap around the keys of the car, turning on the ignition.

"How do I make myself at home in a car, Jisung?", you tease. He just chuckles.

You lean your head against the window as the car starts moving. As you look at the sky-rise buildings that pass you, your mind gets lost in its own thoughts.

Sitting at the back seat, you reminisce on old times.

The silence overtakes Jisung as there is no music or any talks whatsoever to keep his mind working.

Feared that you would be bored, he decided to speak up and avoid the sound of the wind swishing around.

"Uh. Miss Y\N, do you want me to play any songs? It's miserably quiet in here", He asked with hesitance. When he didn't get any reply from you, he turned his neck to look at you for a second before driving his focus back to the road.

You were sitting, cross-legged, head leaning against the window, your hands in your lap and your brain far from reality.

"Miss Y\N", he said a little bit firmly to bring you out of your own head.

You blinked and reality set in. You have always been one to day dream. You always got lost in your thoughts so much so that you didn't hear the voice of people calling your name or talking to you.

You were always thinking. It was a habit of yours which you could never tell if it was a good habit or a bad one. You were a philosophical person and you knew it.

Everything that happens, you note it down in your brain and somehow connect it to the way to live life. It was your personality and your sister Jisoo had warned Jisung that you can indeed be a lot to take in.

But she had also told him that a conversation with you will always make the other person learn a thing or two.

You had always looked at the bigger picture but at the same time never forgot to savor the small things in life too. You knew that the small things now will be the big things when they are gone.

You had loved to daydream because it gave you a pause from reality. It was needed for you to stay sane and not go crazy with the information and wisdom you had about life in general. After all, it was your personality and instead of suppressing it and pushing it away because it was not your likes, you had embraced it. You learned to work with it. Your personality and character was one of a kind and you were adamant in making it an advantage for yourself.

You had your failures, sure. Everyone does. Failure is the stepping stone for success.

"Miss Y\N", you heard. A firm voice with a hint of annoyance. With the tone, you knew that you had gotten lost in your head again. With a sigh, you finally answered the boy.

"Please, Y\N is just fine. No need for formalities", you smiled even though he couldn't see you.

"Yes, Y\N", he tested the title. He felt a little irrespectable calling you by your name. According to what he had heard about you, you were a very notable and wise person and not only according to the people but he had known who you were with your stance. But to make his assumption sure, he had made a decision to drop you at your home. To know more about you.

Not to mention, he was going through a rough patch in his life and word is that you had helped lots of people who went through problems. So he decided offering a car ride wasn't the worst thing in the world.

"I had called you a few times and you were not answering", he stated to which you smiled.

"Yes. I was thinking. It is a habit of mine. I am sorry", you apologized.

"Penny for your thoughts?", He asked, desperately wanting to know what made you drift away from this world and into a world where nothing but emotion and feeling exist.

"There was an instance. When I was 12-13 maybe. I was in the car with my sister and my dad. My dad was in the drivers seat, my sister in the passengers and me at the back", as you gave an introduction to your thoughts, he took a right turn whereas he was supposed to take a left. It was the long route and he was sure that once he would be invited into your brain... He wouldn't want to leave.

"We were listening to songs and there was a wasted man on a bike at the left. His bike skid at the very last moment and dad took a sharp turn to the right which actually prevented an accident", you spoke slow, drafting the words in your head as they came out of your mouth. His eyes narrowed at the nothingness as he concentrated on every word that came out of your mouth.

"If my dad didn't have took the sharp right turn at the very last moment. The drunk would have rammed into the car and into sister. If my dad didn't have thought that the drunk actually had the capacity and capability to ram into us, he would not have took the turn", your voice was calm but your words were kind of triggering.

"I realised that I did not think at that moment. I had just looked emotionless at the wasted man on the vehicle and watched him out a light scratch at the back door. I didn't expect him to even do that", your words slowly started to make sense but at the same time, more confusion.

"I didn't expect him to almost ram into us. I never expected anything bad to happen to me. I was always prepared for it, sure but never do I ever imagine that it will happen. Even though bad and evil happens to me and every single one of us all the time, I still have this... Hope that it won't happen to me", your words ignited light in a long ignored, dark place in himself. He was starting to believe all that he had heard about you.

"You know, I have a belief. Life has a book written for every single of us. A whole book from birth to death is planned to the second. To the millisecond. You can't pray and hope you can change it. It is all written in pen and can't be erased or changed or tweaked", you talked your mind...

"It can never be changed. It is planned. All you can do is be prepared when it comes. It's like that saying 'Prepare for the worst but hope for the best'. You cannot pray to the supernatural force up above, called God and wish that a miracle be seen in your life. No"

With a sigh, you continued...

"Prayed and wishing is like giving false hope to yourself. It is not right. It just puts you in more frustration when what you prayed for didn't work out. Being prepared is the only option"

➪ 𝐁𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧...