10. The Power of Knocking

Song: Bark Like A God - Sloppy Jane

---

Luscious

---

We walked in silence for a few moments before I reached where I needed to be, my next job. Alessandro followed me inside the small flower shop.

He watched as I greeted Matthew before I disappeared into the back for only a short moment to grab my apron but when I came back out, he had gone.

---

I couldn't help my thundering heart as I walked into the strip joint, or gentleman's club as my boss liked to call it. The thought of my new title and my new responsibilities sounded in my ears as I walked to the changing room.

Exhausted as I was, I still showed up to work earlier than expected to be able to prepare myself mentally as well as physically.

I searched the room for my uniform and found it apart from all the other girls, hanging from the slits at the top of my locker. Though still being completely red, it was much more conservative than it usually was with a short skirt, a tight baby tee and platform boots resting at the bottom.

This was the first time shoes had been left for me and I brushed the shock of still having to wear a uniform when, on paper, my job description was that of an office job.

Without further protest, I slipped into the outfit, enjoying the way the red platform boots gave me a boost in confidence with the added height.

A little smile tugged at my lips as I made my way to the makeup room.

Timed almost perfectly, Robin entered the room humming a tune and seeking out her uniform for the night. I only listened as she cursed under her breath and picked up her outfit.

I couldn't help my mind from roaming to what Crystal had told me. Had Robin really spread that rumour?

"You ok, Robs?" I yelled, priming my face for the night.

I heard her sigh from the other room before she appeared in the doorway between the two rooms.

"Would you just look at my outfit?" She asked, disappointment and annoyance lacing her words.

I peeked behind me, taking in the skimpy outfit. The clothes were mostly black, with a few highlights of red on the bodysuit which didn't leave much to the imagination.

I shrugged, not seeing the problem with the outfit, returning to my face.

"Do you seriously not see the issue?" She prodded, huffing and making her way to the vanity next to mine, unceremoniously throwing the bodysuit on the counter.

I shook my head as I applied my concealer, focused mostly on my reflection in the mirror than Robin's problems with her outfit.

"He's literally given me basically the same outfit as all the other girls as if I don't outshine them anyways. I wish we could pick what we wear around the club then at least I could wear my outfits again," She reminisced.

Robin had been working at the strip club the longest and she was well known for her raunchy outfits, even more so than all the other girls.

Her favourite outfit, and when she made the most tips, was when she wore nothing but large black strips of tape covering her nipples in an 'X' shape paired alongside a thong.

"These men can't be that bad at tipping," I remarked as a few other girls walked in, greeting us and finding their outfits, "They look loaded enough to give you enough money to buy a private island."