I wish.. |karlnap

fluff

CW: swearing
______
Karl's pov

it's just like any other normal day in this hell hole, nothing to do and I'm all alone.

Everyone always talks about how they want to be a Genie, like in the movies.

but being a Genie is very lonely, there's no one to talk to unless you get let out, which hasn't happened to me in years.

Where was my Genie lamp put anyway, it must be in the fucking ocean for crying out loud. How has no one found me yet.

The last person that let me out of here used up their 3 wishes pretty quickly and I was put back just as quickly as I was taken out.

I don't even remember what that person looks like, or the sound of their voice.

I can't even tell time in here, for all I know I could've been in here for days instead of years.

I don't have any windows to the outside, so I never get to see what's out there for long. I wonder how much has changed.

I haven't learned much about the outside world, which is weird because I live in it, but the only thing that's stopping me is this stupid Genie "lamp" I don't even know why it's called a lamp, it doesn't look like one at all.

It looks more like what you use to pour tea into a cup than anything.

Sure there's all these wonderful things around me, I can make anything appear in here. I can decorate the inside however I want to.

I can make multiple rooms, or just one. I can make the room really big or really small. I can do anything my heart desires, or so I thought.

I've tried so many times to get people or pets to accompany me here, but that's the only thing I can't do.

I have these "amazing" powers, yet I can't make living things appear, it's so stupid.

All I want is to live in the outside world and communicate with actual people.

but that'll probably never happen at this rate.

who knows if anyone will ever find me, this world is so big, and my home is just so so small compared to everything outside of it.

The Earth could've exploded and I wouldn't even know.

wait.

is that why nobody has found me in years.. no it can't be.

that's just stupid.

the only logical explanation to why nobody has found me yet, is because no one believes in Genies anymore

I don't blame them though, if I saw a Genie lamp on the side of the road I wouldn't just pick it up and rub it, hoping a Genie would pop out.

The only way I would do that, is if I was joking around, I would never do that in a serious manner, unless I was 3 years old.

I'm just tired of being used for my wishes then getting put back into this hell hole after they are all used up. Why can't I be a normal human, living a normal boring life.

All I've ever dreamed of as a kid was going to school, but I can't really do that now since I'm 17.

I don't think it would be normal to see a 17 year old in school, so that dream's crushed.

I honestly just have to get out of this negative mindset sooner or later, I'm going to be stuck here until the day I die. I might as well make the most of it.

I shake my head, trying to get the negative thoughts to go away, but it isn't working. Nothing ever goes right for me.

I sigh and sit down on the floor, admitting defeat. I've lost all hope that anyone will find me and let me out of this place I hate to call home.