library boy |karlnap

fluff

CW: swearing (it happens like once but I'll still put the content warning anyway)
___________
Karl's pov

Moving into this small town has been one of the best decisions of my life. Well, I only knew that for sure once I walked into the library that's only a few blocks away from my house.

I've always been interested in books for a large portion of my life, when I was in the city all of the libraries were pretty far from my house, and it wasn't even worth the drive. The libraries were all pretty small and didn't have the books I liked half the time.

But this library is heaven to me. It's huge, it has a fantasy section, romance, fiction, non-fiction, sci-fi, horror, everything you could think of has its own section.

I can tell that I'm going to be coming here often and I just stepped foot into this building.

"welcome" I hear a soft voice coming from the counter.

I look over and it's an attractive boy with black hair and nice light brown eyes. I feel my face start to heat up so I quickly give him a smile before continuing to walk into the isles.

Fantasy first. I've always been interested in fantasy, the different creatures and world's that the authors have created, it's always so entertaining to watch the world that they've created unfold around me, sometimes I like to imagine real life is like that too. I imagine that with a lot of books I've read. Sadly, my life is as boring as everyone else's, nothing interesting ever happens. The only interesting thing that's ever happened to me is probably moving to this town and seeing this huge library. That's as interesting as it gets.

I slowly make my way down the fantasy isle looking for books that'll catch my eye, something interesting that I've never read before. But I can't find anything, there's so many books to choose from, if I'm being honest all of them catch my eye, and three books are the max I am able to check out at a time. So I'll just have to choose wisely.

I hear footsteps approaching the same isle, but I don't bother to pay it any attention, it's a public library after all.

"do you need help finding anything?" the same soft voice says from behind me.

At first I was going to say no, but I was really struggling to pick out some books.

"yeah, well.. kind of?" I question myself.

He giggles, "what can I help you with?"

"well, I'm really into fantasy and all that cool made-up stuff, but there's so many good ones, I don't know where to start" I explain.

He nods and starts looking down the isle while continuing to ask me questions, I follow his lead.

"what are you into in this genre, vampires, werewolves, demons, what's your type of story?" he asks.

"I like all of those, ugh this is so difficult to just choose a couple and not the whole shelf" I whine.

He giggles again, "just try to narrow it down a bit"

I think for a couple seconds and then tell him more details about previous books I've read and showed interest in. While I'm doing this he picks up a couple of books.

I follow him over to a table once I'm done my little rant about books and he lays out all of the books he picked, explaining each one out thoroughly, but not spoiling anything in the process.

"these are some good picks, did you just memorize every book in this huge place or are you into these books as well?" I smile.

"I'm into fantasy too, I've actually read all of these and I highly recommend them"