the assassination|karlnap

fluff and angst

CW: violence?? idk if I should out a warning for that
___________
Karl's pov

I knew that working for an underground organization was going to be tiring and dangerous, but I didn't know I was going to have another mission to complete everytime I finished one. They don't care how tired their people are, just that we get these done.

And now even though I've JUST completed a very long mission, they decide to give me another one. fuck them.

but I have to complete it, I've never failed a mission before, and I want to keep it that way. If I take any breaks the others will think I'm weak, and I can't have that.

The problem is this task is to eliminate someone just like me, the only difference is he's working for another organization. His name is Dream. The only clues I got, is where he'll be tonight, that he has blonde hair, freckles, and what he'll be wearing.

Hopefully I'll be able to find him in such a big crowd. I don't know what his mission is, but I hope it doesn't have anything to do with me.

Dream is apparently one of the best, and of course I had to be sent out to kill him. I'm not sure if I'm even ready yet, but I can't back out, I'll never be looked at the same again if I don't complete this. I'll have to at least try.

The only problem is I'm attending a ball, and I have to go pick up my suit, it's going to be so hard to move around in that suit. It's easy to dance in it, but not to kill someone in it. I asked if I could have a dress or a gown, but the head of the organization declined, they said I would stand out too much.

I just think that they don't want to see a guy in a dress, but that's just my opinion. It would be much easier to move in depending on the style of the dress, but whatever.

Well, at least I made it to the shop that has my suit ready for me, I've been dreading this moment, but it's too late to turn back now.

As soon as I enter the building a loud bell rings above my head and a tailor comes over to great me.

"are you here to schedule a fitting, or are you picking up your suit?" the kind lady smiles at me.

"I'm just here to pick up a suit" I smile back at her.

she gestures for me to follow her over to the counter.

"what's your name?"

"Karl Jacobs"

good thing my suit is already paid for, there's no way I'm paying for something that I'm about to ruin with another person's blood in a few hours.

"is this you?" she turns the screen around for me to check out the details.

"yep, that's me" I smile. I wish it wasn't.

She goes off into the back room, leaving me alone. I don't absolutely HATE suits, but I don't love them either, most of the ones I've tried on have scratchy or uncomfortable fabric and I don't like the way it feels on my skin.

"here you are, it's a beautiful suit isn't it?" she gives me a sweet smile and hands the suit over to me.

"yeah, it really is, I should get my suits from here more often!" I say with an excited tone.

I thank her and walk into the changing room.

let's just get this over with, wear the suit, attend this fancy ball, blend in, and kill the target, that's all. Sounds easy enough.

I put on my suit and put my previous clothes into my bag. Now it's time for the fancy party. I grab my phone and call an uber. It should be here fairly quickly.