3 - The Hangover Talk

The smell of disinfectant penetrated War's nose once he regained consciousness. His eyelids felt so heavy to open and he felt like his head was being split open. War already regretted taking too much shot last night as this is the worst hangover that he ever experienced. War couldn't remember what happened last night. All he remembered was that he met Yin in the toilet.

"Did I pass out for drinking too much?"

He opened his eyes, adjusting to the light peeking from his curtain and saw the wall of his bedroom. So someone did bring him home last night, maybe Win or Prat did it. He turned to the bedside table to see his bedside clock. It's already 2 pm on Sunday, War was grateful he didn't have any work to do today or else, he'd have to drag himself out of the bed with the worst headache ever.

Slowly, he sat up and forced himself out of the bed to go to the bathroom. For some reason the back of his head hurt like hell and it wasn't like the hangovers that he had before. He also wondered why his room smelled like a disinfectant for some reason. However when he reached the bathroom and saw his reflection on the mirror, he got the answer. There was a small bandage around the back of his head, just below, near his left ear. So, that's why the back of his head felt like it'll split open.

"Just what the hell happened last night?"

War quickly and carefully wash his face and brush his teeth to freshen up a bit, then he walked back to his room to find his phone to call Prat.

[If you're asking what happened last night, you can ask Yin, he was the one who brought you to the hospital]

Prat did say that but why? As much as War resented that man, he believed that Yin would never do something that hurt him. Well, not intentionally anyway.

"Oh well, I could just go ask him tomorrow when we work on the project", War said to himself as he made his way to the kitchen to fix himself something to eat when the doorbell rang.

Thinking it might be Prat coming to check on him, War didn't think too much about who might it be. Prat did say he'll stop by on the phone earlier. However, he was surprised to see a completely different person.

"Oh you're up, thank God. I thought I'd have to go back to my office again"

War could only gape seeing none other than Yin stood on his front door, carrying a plastic bag.

"I'm bringing you lunch,", Yin raised the plastic bag, "I also wanted to check up on you"

"Why?", is the only think that War said before he realized something, "Don't tell me....this wound, you..."

"Ah about that...", Yin scratched the back of his neck, "Can we talk about it inside, I promise I'll tell you everything so..."

War was a little reluctant to let him in but the way his face showed an expression akin to regret and worry made War stepped aside to let Yin in. Yin walked straight to War's kitchen counter to put the plastic bag down, like he had been here before.

"Do you wanna eat first? You haven't eaten yet right?", Yin said but War already made himself comfortable on one of his dinner chair.

"I guess we can keep the food for later", Yin said when he turned around and saw War already waiting for his explanation.

"Tell me Anan, what happened yesterday? Why do I have this wound? Were you the one who brought me back to my apartment?", War fired the questions.

Yin exhaled and then sitting in front of War, he looked down and played with his hands at first. A sign that War knew very well Yin always does when he's collecting his thought.

Escapadeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें