9 - The Wedding : The Forthcoming Showdown

War didn't know himself that he could be this vulnerable. After meeting his first love who broke his heart years ago, then proceeded to be cursed and shaken by his ex fiance, War felt like all his buttons were being pushed and he was too overwhelmed to respond to any of it. In the end, he let himself be carried back to the room and just this time War let Yin take care of him.

They're friends now, that's what friends do, right? Taking care of each other.

War fell asleep right away when Yin put him down on the bed and while waiting for the later to wake up, he carefully changed him out of his jeans and button up shirt to a more comfortable shirt and shorts. Yin was worried, of course he was, that was the first time he'd ever seen War lost control and overwhelmed. Seeing War's restless face, Yin who wanted to investigate the incident right away decided to postpone, changed into a casual wardrobe himself and stayed. He spent some hours watching over War while getting some little works done before War eventually woke up. Yin asked if he wanted to eat something but War just sluggishly shook his head no and then went back to sleep. Yin tucked War in and adjusted the air conditioner then his eyes landed on War's restless face.

After the accident, Yin got so many questions running through his mind. What prompted it to happen? Why's the lady got so mad at War? Who is the doctor that helped War and what exactly is his relationship with him? Yin's conflicted mind started spinning. He should, no, he wanted to know the detail but he knew War wouldn't like him getting involved in this. Yin sighed, his hands reached up to swiped War's bangs out of his face. His fingers carefully massaged the frowned eyebrow until War's face got visibly more relaxed. Yin took his time to observed War's face and decided to take things in his own hands. He grabbed his phone and texted the right person to do a background check on the doctor.

"You're gonna get pissed if you know I'm being nosy", Yin chuckled bitterly then stood up, "Please forgive me, I just wanna protect you better", he said, his fingers softly caressing War's cheek.

With one last look on War, Yin stood up and walked to the door. He got down to the dining hall after he left a note on the bedside table, in case War woke up before he's back. He got a feeling that War would be too tired to get down for dinner and he hadn't eaten lunch either so Yin was planning to bring some food. He was just gonna do that and maybe have a small talk with Ratsameerat if he bumped into them, that was his plan. What wasn't his plan though, ended up bumping into the doctor when he rode the elevator down.

"Evening doc", Yin greeted him out of courtesy and he really wanted to punch faith sometimes because what was the odd that he ended up being in the elevator alone with the person who caused the whole incident to happen?

"Good evening, uhm...", the doctor hesitated.

"Oh, sorry. I haven't introduced myself", Yin extended his hand, which the doctor took, "I'm Anan Wong. Thank you for your help earlier"

"No problem, I'm Ritz, well, Rueangritz Siriphanit", the doctor, Ritz apparently, shook Yin's hand.

"Nice to meet you doctor Rueangritz"

"Oh no, Ritz is fine"

"Of course, doctor Ritz", Yin putting on his professional smile.

"How's War by the way?"

There it is, the question that Yin knew he would ask. He kinda expected and waited for it.

"He's been sleeping since afternoon, he's so tired", Yin carefully said.

"Of course he is", Ritz said then paused a little, "This is the first time he experienced shock. I can bring him some supplement later, has he eaten yet?"