6 - The Wedding : First Family Meeting

"Told you it'll be worth it to bring bunch of shorts", Yin snickered while glancing at War who already sweating from the hot weather.

"Shut up", War did regret traveling wearing trousers and polo shirt. While Yin kinda had a more relaxed get up.

Yin could tell that War was getting annoyed, couldn't blame him though as the day didn't exactly start in a good way.

After staying over at Yin's due to the storm, War ended up helping Yin packing up. Because of the continuous bad weather, War ended up having to stay way longer than he intended as he still couldn't get to his apartment with the flooded street. They bickered as usual and War was having fun teasing Yin for owning so many shorts that he planned to bring. War left Yin's apartment late at night on Saturday and only had a few hours to pack. As expected, War woke up late, and rushed to get ready the morning before the flight.

As for Yin who just got slapped by a harsh realization that he might've developed feelings for War decided to repress it, at least until he had more time to properly think about it. Right now, with the wedding, problems with Mai and finishing project, he didn't think it would be a good idea to use his mind for that. Nor it'll be a good idea to tell anyone about it.

"That person just put up a sign that read Nong Wanarat", Yin calmly pointed to the direction of a man who indeed had an exact sign.

War who had been fanning himself to get cooled down, took a glance on the man then immediately turned to Yin. His face was serious and Yin knew the game is on.

"That's my uncle Pat and he's mae's right hand man", War whispered.

"Your phor isn't your mae's right hand man?"

"That's-...no", War hesitated and Yin realized he might've touched into something that he shouldn't mention so he let War continued, "Anyway, your role as my boyfriend start once I turn around and greet him. Are we clear here?"

"Yep", Yin answered firmly.

War nodded and started re-checking everything. He questioned Yin about the background story, the first meeting, the first date, the first kiss and all those details to make sure that they're aligned. That was the first time Yin ever saw War being worried and unsettled. There was something deeper than just pestering for partners happening in his family, most probably involving his dad and they would have to talk about the matter later but in the mean time, Yin wanted to be reliable and made sure he aided War as best as he could.

"Hey", Yin called for War's attention, "It's okay, you can rely on me", he said.

Slowly Yin reached out and took War's hand. With a nod he waited until War turned around and walked towards his uncle. When the man recognized War once they were close enough, Yin intertwined their fingers and squeezed them.

"Here we go"

-..............-

"I still can't believe you get yourself Khun Anan Wong as a boyfriend"

War didn't know how many times his uncle had said that from the first time he introduced Yin as a boyfriend. He kept asking all sort of questions during the ride to the hotel and Yin's both amused and worried. Amused because War had been pouting while listening to his uncle listing reasons why Yin is great and worried for the uncle because he might've triggered the wrath of Wanarat if he kept on talking.

"Uncle, how many times are you gonna say that? You're saying it like I'm not capable of getting myself a boyfriend?", War said sulkily while getting his suitcase from the trunk.

"Aww, not like that Noo, I'm just happy that you get yourself a handsome fine man like Khun Anan as a boyfriend", he said while looking at Yin.

"I feel flattered uncle", Yin smiled at him.