Vector X Espio

Requested by : (Myself)
Fanart Not Mine

Vector's POV

"Charmy!" Espio called, "Don't go too far!"

"I won't!" I heard the faint reply, followed by the splash of water. I opened one eye, but he popped his head out of the ocean, giggling. I laid back down.

"Relax, Es," I said, "He's fine."

The chameleon sat down beside me, "I know that. I'm just... reminding him."

I raised a skeptical brow at him, "Uh-huh."

Espio made a cute face as he frowned at me. We escaped the winter weather going south, but we can't escape his anxiety. I sat up, "Es. Need I remind you we came here to relax? It goes for you too."

He sighed as I brushed my hand against his cheek. His smaller hand held mine in place, "It's easier said than done."

A scream cut the silence. We both jumped up, "Charmy?!"

The bee flew into me, nearly knocking us both over. He cried, "Robots! Lots of big ones! And they breathe underwater!"

Past the screaming and fleeing spectators, the robots rose out of the water. I sighed as Espio readied his shruikens, "So much for relaxing."

Espio's POV

The fight was a long one.

We fought tooth and nail against the bots but more kept coming. It got to the point where a few friends were called in, Sonic, Amy, Tails... everyone we knew, really. But eventually, the fight ended victoriously. Tired yet happy cries of success where thrown about.

By then, however, our beach day was over. So we returned home, a long drive that became a long, cold drive. It had to be around two when we finally made it home. Vector took the bags, and I unhooked Charmy from his car seat. We left our stuff by the doorway and the youngest member was put to bed.

Vector flopped onto the couch, "Finally..."

I curled up next to him, which surprised him a tad at first, but he wrapped his arm around me. I had nothing to say, but Vector certainly talked to himself, "We need a date night. We haven't had one in forever."

I felt my eyelids drooping. Vector continued, his voice lulling in my head, "Yeah, maybe if Vanilla isn't busy, or if Sonic and Tails aren't on a mission, Charmy can hang out with them."

I tried to stay awake to agree with him, but I found that I couldn't. I fell asleep.

When I woke up, he was still sleeping there.
He never left my side.

Bonus Picture :