⚠️ King Dice X The Devil ⚠️

Requested by : sanspapy26
Fanart Not Mine

King Dice's POV

"Absolutely not!" I exclaimed. The other casino workers groaned in dismay.

"You're no fun!" Hocus Pocus whined.

"I'm not supposed to be," I folded my arms. "As the Devil's right hand man, I'm in charge of representing this casino, not distracting the boss so you can all slack."

"Oh come on!" Mangosteen complained. "Help your fellows out!"

"All we want's a break," Chip Bettigan said. "All you hafta do is butter up the boss while we sneak out early. You can pretend you didn't know!"

"I simply won't allow it," I said sternly.

Wheezy scoffed, "Told you guys he wouldn't do it. He's too uptight."

"Excuse me, Wheezy?" I shot him a glare.

"I mean it, and everyone thinks it," Wheezy said, puffing on his cigar. "Even the boss."

I froze, "H-he does?"

Wheezy nodded, "The boss told me himself, 'That good-for-nothing lackey Dice is too uptight. He's no fun to be around.' At this rate, I'm sure he'll fire you."

I gasped, "Fire me? W-what do I do?"

Chips jumped in, "Yeah, the boss don't like it when his lackey's are uptight. I mean, why do you think he hired us?"

"Because you were drunk and sold your soul," I answered flatly.

Mangosteen, "Well, that. But he kept us around because we gotta good laugh outta him."

"Ah, I see," I said, thoughtfully. "So, how do I get the boss to like me again, and preferably not fire me?"

Hocus Pocus said merrily, "You gotta loosen up! Have a little fun!"

Chip said, "Yeah, show him how to have a good time, King Dice style."

"You know, this might be the best advice you've ever given me," I said. "Very well! I'll go fix my reputation and-how you put it-loosen up!"

The other employees wished me luck as I left for the Devil's office. He was signing contracts at his desk, casually sipping a whiskey.

"Here goes nothing," I sighed to myself. I stepped in and smiled, "Good evening, boss."

"Hey," The Devil said distractedly.

"How are those contracts comin' along?"

"Fine."

"Any new debtors?"

"What'd you want?" He said sternly.

"Pardon?" I said.

"You obviously want something," The Devil said. "Why else would you bother me?"

Shit, I'm bothering him! He'll definitely fire me! I tried to stay calm, "I'm not looking for anything, boss. I just want to spend some time with you."