Chapter 3

Vi's Pov:

I turn around to find Ekko running towards me.

"Ekko?" I say shocked and immediately open my arms as he jumps into my arm.

"What are you doing here? I thought you're dead too." He says as she starts to tear up.

"I was arrested. But it's okay, I'm here now." I tell him and can't help but tear up as well.

"I missed you so much." He replies, making me hug him tighter.

"I missed you too, so so much." I respond and can feel him hold onto me tighter.

We eventually pull away after a while and it's the first time I actually look at him correctly.

"Damn you grew up so much. Look at you!" I say with a wide grin, making him blush.

"Shut up!" He exclaims embarrassed, which makes me snort.

"But you changed a lot too. You got a new haircut and tattoos, dammnn. And you also got more muscular." Ekko comments, making me chuckle.

"Well..all I did in prison was training so.." I reply with a small shrug and he playfully punches my shoulder at that.

"Anyways, the guards will bring you to your room now." The king says while separating us.

"Can I go with her?" Ekko begs and he sighs before nodding.

A guard then puts the handcuffs on me again, on which I roll my eyes. I can't help but glance back at the princess, who's already looking at me.

But then I get pushed by a guard again, making me stumble so I look away from her. We then walk through the hallway and after a while we stop at a door.

The guard then takes off my handcuffs before opening the door.

"You'll stay here." He says and I sigh before waking inside.

Right after Ekko and I go inside he closes the door behind me.

"Great.." I mutter as I sit down on my bed.

The room is actually..pretty big. Probably three times bigger than my cell.

"So..how long have you been here?" I ask as I look back to Ekko.

"Ehh..a while now. They gave some of the people from the undercity a chance here and I was one of them." He answers with a small shrug.

"And um..what do you know about Caitlyn?" I ask curiously after we chatted for a while.

"Why? Interested?" He asks with a big grin, making me snort.

"What? No!" Ekko looks at me, not believing a thing.

"Okay, she is pretty." I mumble while laying down on my bed.

"And she seems sweet." I say with a deep sigh.

"Damn, I've never seen you like this. All smiley." I hear him say, making me stop immediately.

"Oh shut up." I groan while sitting up again.

"But gosh she's so pretty!" I whine as I cover my face with my hands.

"Well doesn't matter. She's the kings daughter. He literally told me to stay away from her." I say with a deep sigh.

"And that's gonna stop you?" He asks while rasing an eyebrow and crossing his arms.

"Don't wanna end up in prison again." I answer with a shrug.

"Good point. But still.." I can't help but chuckle at that.