Chapter 3

Last night I struggled to fall asleep, because I kept thinking about what happened in the elevator. I probably shouldn't worry about this changing things but hopefully I'll still have my job ....this time .

I do the same routine as yesterday.

I say good bye to Julia since she was still home

I struggled to find a parking spot yet again but luckily I left a little early just in case so it was easier this time.

......

I get out the elevator and I walk to Shelly's desk. I have to lean over the top part to actually see her since it was a high desk with two parts.

" good morning Shelly " I greet her with a warm smile.

" good morning Nicole" she smiles back. Hmm she not that bad when she not shoving me with work.

" did Mr.Adams come in yet" I ask

" no , unfortunately he's running a little late" she says while typing things in to her computer.

" do have any idea why , he might be running late?" I ask out of curiosity.

" well it could be a couple of things , he could have gotten backed up by traffic, probably talking to some important people,or " she looks up at me hinting me to come closer, so I lean over a little more over the desk .

The elevator chimes , and the door opens and out walks , Mr.Adams with suit jacket draped over his arm and a briefcase in his hand , and in his other was his phone which he was looking at.

I turn around and Shelly stands up.

" good morning Mr.Adams" Shelly says. I stay quiet as he walked through the lobby and in to his office, not saying a word. I wonder has he thought about last night or even cares about what might have happened.

I turn back to Shelly.
" as I was saying, he also could be late because of  late night activities" Shelly leans on to the the desk and whispers while looking at the door making sure he doesn't hear her. 

" late night activities?" I ask amusingly.

" you don't know ?... well Mr.Adams is known for his late night clubbing , he usually takes a 'special' girl home to do you know what ... and every single morning after he never fails to arrive a little late for work" she says with a smirk.