Chapter 7

I open the door into Charles and walk in

I open the door into Charles and walk in. I look around  to see if I can spot Kristof.

" NICOLE!"

I heard. And I turned to the direction of where my name was called . And there he was. Kristof . He waved and I followed. He was sitting at the bar and I sat next to him.

" Hey, sorry for getting here a little late" I said as I took my bag off.

" No worries as long as you're here that's all that matters " he says with a warm smile that melts my heart.

"How was your day " he asks with a concern look on his face.

* sigh* " it, ...it was a day" I say in remembrance of what happened.

"  tough boss"he said.

" ha! you think,... *sigh* I just need a detox from that whole place" I laughed, but I'm not joking. Mr.Adams is whole aura pisses me off. And now I'm stuck in a 6-month contract, that I didn't even sign up for.

" how about a drink " he said, snapping me out of my daze.

" yeah I would like that"

Kristof called for the bartender and asked for some basic drinks . As we received our drinks, Kristof turned to me.
" So what brought you to lime-tech, and as Mr.Adams assistant of all things?"he asked.

" we'll you know ,I was laid off from my previous assistant job,and my sister knew someone who heard about the job opening" he doesn't need to know the details of me getting fired.

" dang ,I know how that feels, getting laid off is the worst , especially when you really need the job" he said and sighed as he leaned on to the table. " I'm glad it worked out for you"

" thank you , .....stop me if I'm prying but , what did you really the job for?" I ask hesitantly.

He took a pause before speaking.

"well you know other then regular bills for my, apartment, car,and etcetera, i help my mom pay for her medical bills , and luckily for me around the time she got really sick, I had got fired. So it became hard to make ends meet, but I'm doing way better now tho especially with the job I have currently " he said  with a smile before taking another sip of his drink.

" and your mom ?"

"Hmm?" He questioned slightly.

" is she doing better ?"

" oh ..yeah she doing better too"  he answered.

The way he answered ,that felt weird but I'm probably reading to much in to it.

" And what a bout you , how did losing your job affect you ?"

" other than making me spiral in to a sad couch potato" i joked , " I did moderately fine but money was still tight also , and I wasn't able to help out with my younger bother Cory and my grandma with Their bills as much as i would have like to."