Chapter 4

Once we arrived to the building the meeting was held in , Mr. Adams greeted everyone with a slight smile. Trying to pretend that he wasn't furious a moment ago , but I'm not going to sweat him. In the line of work, your impression on others can determine your greatness. I took it upon myself to collect some business cards along the way, because you know , networking.

A lady helped us to the room and left. I looked over to Mr. Adams , his face was cold and filled with annoyance.

"Mr. Adams, I suggest you fix your face " I say not thinking anything of it.
He looked at me harshly.

" And I suggest you stay quiet," he said in a rough tone. Asshole

I followed his order. Yet I'm just trying to help. It's literally in the name ASSSIT-ant. I help  with little things that he doesn't bother with I make his life easier I pick up his slack that my whole job and for things like this , I help with his appearance and make sure he doesn't fuck things up. But I'm getting too ahead of my self .

He opens the door and his face brightens up immediately. The old men seated at that table stoped talking and changed focus to him .

" I'm sorry to interrupt , and I hope I'm not to late"

One of the men , his sitting in the chair at the end of the table and he gets up.

" ahhh theres the man we've all been looking for , care to explain why are you so fashionably late"  he walks to toward us ,and the other three men stand up.

" well Mr. James you know how it gets with new ... assistants" he looked over to me. I smiled awkwardly as I felt the new stares coming my way.

" Ha, they can be a hand full "  Mr. James said and he turns his focus to me " so malady , what might your name be"

" Nicole Johnson"  I say firmly

" hmm , a confident one , im glad you have that trait,...., well it is nice to meet you Ms. Johnson"
We shake hands

"It's nice to meet you to  Mr.James"

" ohh you can call me Michael" he's says cheerfully.

" isn't that a bit inappropriate mr.James" I say playfully.

He comes closer to me
" oh don't worry your little self about Mr.Adams, he's all talk no bite" he laughs

I look over to Mr.Adams, and he's glaring at me. I turn back to Mr. James

" good to know" I say with a cheeky smile and he smiled back.

" well now that everyone is here shall we get started" Mr. James said.

" indeed we shall"  Mr. Adams said.

As the meeting went on I didn't say a word , I just let Mr. Adams talk and I write down all important things and pass out documents ,
And collect it when they are done with them. Throughout the meeting I sat next to
Mr. Adams, there was this weird tension going on and I don't know if it was because I was being friendly with Mr. James or it was something else. The table wasn't that big and the chairs weren't that far apart , so Mr. Adams leg had bushed against mine a couple times. I looked down then up at him , and I eventually just crossed my legs.