26

Real Life

Timothee hadn't noticed her watching him from her car, scared to go into the café. she watched as he opened and closed the menu eight times before she felt strong enough to go in and meet him.

it started off as awkward as she had expected. the awful small talk they promised to never do again went on and on until Timothée grabbed Sophies hand in his under the table. she instinctively tried to pull away but he held tighter.

"i missed you..."

she sat there watching him unsure what to do or say - of course she missed him too. barely going a day without curling up in her bed or writing her heart out in the studio.

"you missed me too, it's okay you don't have to say it... i know you."

she chuckled lightly as he straightened his back eyes meeting hers grip never slackening. 

"when i was in LA... Lily invited me to a yacht party, of course at the time i saw no problem with it as it was an open invite for the whole cast in a group chat. things were normal until people started leaving, Lily trapped me telling me this utter bull crap i couldn't see through before she kissed me..."

Sophie felt the ache in her heart return but didn't break the intense staring match.

"that article got posted and i lost you because of her... after you... after we stopped talking she became my shoulder to cry on and we started dating - i thought she actually cared...but it was all bullshit and now I found out she's been cheating on me with Austin Butler. when i confronted her she told me that... told me she staged everything..."

Timothée's gripped loosened and tightened again snapping Sophie out of the shocked daze she put herself in.

"god Soph this is all my fault... i just wanted to... i-"

"it's not your fault. it's hers. and mine, in a way... i should have let you explain sooner... i- i have missed you..."

Timothée looked like he was going to cry Sophie herself felt very overwhelmed with all the new information she had, as well as the album coming out.

The two of them calmed down and continued talking for a while, catching up on what's been going on for the last few months. when they'd finished Timothée walked Soph to her car, pulling her in to a tight hug.

"I can't wait for the album."
he smiled.

Sophie pulled away feeling a bit self-conscious about it.

"I hope it makes things clear."

"huh?"

"you'll understand.."